Corgi registration

• Thread starter Bambergaspipe
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
The only thing I was chomping at was a Kitkat, but if you would care to enlighten the rest of us mere mortals :p

I am a certified engineer, d**ikhead. It was all hypothetical. (look it up) ;)

Completely different aspect on this.

I am 100% unqualified and incompetent to work on gas. That means I hire someone to do any gas work for me.

Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the legal position, I would NEVER hire someone to work on the gas in my home, where my family live, unless they were CORGI registered. So the OP might be technically right or wrong, but he wouldn't get my business. That's probably an important point if you are in business?

By the way- why do plumbers argue more than any other forum, whether it's CORGI, plastic/copper, solder/push-fit or various pet makes of boilers I am constantly amazed at how much you guys bicker.

andywatson said:
By the way- why do plumbers argue more than any other forum, whether it's CORGI, plastic/copper, solder/push-fit or various pet makes of boilers I am constantly amazed at how much you guys bicker.

Its cos we are good at it

and everyone else are just quitters

:)

andywatson said:
Completely different aspect on this.

I am 100% unqualified and incompetent to work on gas. That means I hire someone to do any gas work for me.

Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of the legal position, I would NEVER hire someone to work on the gas in my home, where my family live, unless they were CORGI registered. So the OP might be technically right or wrong, but he wouldn't get my business. That's probably an important point if you are in business?

It helps if you are a female & nobody knows it, we are good at dissin` ;)

Why would anyone not want to register with CORGI?

I get a nice annual visit from a person who knows all about gas who I can learn from who helps me out if I've made any mistakes and whose organisation keeps the unregistered installers from working in the UK. CORGI are frigging great! I think that the subs should be at least £1000 per year per operative.

Bambergaspipe, CORGI were keeping the public safe from dodgy gas work when you were still in long shorts.....

andywatson said:
It's because we're so happy in our work. We just sail through it all smiling to ourselves at our good fortune, no hassle, no grief, happy customers, friendly suppliers and always a free parking space available, so when we get home we like to argue with each other just to get a bit of balance back in our lives. ;)

chrishutt said:
andywatson said:
It's because we're so happy in our work. We just sail through it all smiling to ourselves at our good fortune, no hassle, no grief, happy customers, friendly suppliers and always a free parking space available, so when we get home we like to argue with each other just to get a bit of balance back in our lives. ;)

Very well put Chris

I too agree that we plumbers are very zen and crave balance in all things

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back