Corgi registration

• Thread starter Bambergaspipe
  • Start date
Bambergaspipe said:
From the probable drink fuelled muddle I managed to gather that your spark is a robbing barsteward. I pay 45 quid tops & that`s with a certificate from the spark. ;)

You might as well do it yourself bamber, if you're going towork unregistered on gas why bother doing it legally on electrics?

Sponsored Links
The question was 'How many other industries have this forced upon them'. I pointed out that there was one other (that I know of).
Therefore it is relevant and may be of interest to namsag or other to know that they are not alone in having to pay such fees.

ollski said:
Bambergaspipe said:
From the probable drink fuelled muddle I managed to gather that your spark is a robbing barsteward. I pay 45 quid tops & that`s with a certificate from the spark. ;)

You might as well do it yourself bamber, if you're going towork unregistered on gas why bother doing it legally on electrics?

I don`t work illegally on gas. I`m competent as defined in the Gas Regs. :rolleyes: But you are correct I am unregistered

Bambergaspipe said:
[You might as well do it yourself bamber, if you're going towork unregistered on gas why bother doing it legally on electrics?

I don`t work illegally on gas. I`m competent as defined in the Gas Regs. :rolleyes: But you are correct I am unregistered[/quote]

No of course you are right you may or may not be working legally depending on the scope of your work and the reward you earn from it.

You have a fairly valid point but you also know you are wrong as you did when you had your mischevious thought to rehash this ancient topic for the upteenth time this morning.

Sponsored Links
[quote="ollski
No of course you are right

Of course.

You have a fairly valid point

It`s not a fairly valid point. It`s a valid point.

Don`t bother getting Corgi registered. You don`t have to be to work on gas. (as long as you are qualified acs wise obviously).

Look you dumb ****, this is taken from the corgi website 'In recent years, registration has become a legal requirement for anyone installing or repairing gas fittings or appliances. So, you can be sure that any work completed by a CORGI technician will be done competently and safely.' If you want to look for yourself here is the link http://www.trustcorgi.com/about/aboutcorgi.htmx

Amateurs!

Well done Bamber you got the reactions you were expecting ;)

Whether you are registered or not is nothing to do with me but as said before you have certainly offered this as a good way to get a lot of posters wound up and a topic to talk about over their Sunday pint :LOL:

Read the notes on the back of your gas qualification certificate bamber

NOTES
Confirmation that the certificate holder is competent in the gas safety assessment(s) contained on the certificate, and is also employed by a CORGI registered business

Your gas certificate states on the back you have to also be Corgi registered. So your gas certificate you show to your customers is useless.
Call CITB who issue your gas certificate and ask them and they will tell you what I have told you

Like most dumb f*ck's I come across who are not Corgi registered, they play by their own rules and not the rules what are in place.

There's one born every minute.

Just in case you are serious Bamber I shall paste the sentence again:

no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph.

I have even placed in bold the bits that are relevant to you.

For DIY in your own home fine; however, as has been discussed adnorsium since I first started taking part in online forums many years ago, if you are doing gas work for ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF then you MUST be REGISTERED with CORGI.

Legally this would include payment of any kind; or working for or on behalf of anybody. If you were to sub-contract then both yourself and the contractor are legally repsonsible for making sure you are registered in some form or another.

Unfortunate and annoying this is I agree but that is the law.

You can argue the need for CORGI as an entity, but one thing is for sure, you do not appear to have enough grasp of the legislation you have to work under to be able to question it.

Amusing debate though so I thank you. :LOL:

Dan_Robinson said:
There's one born every minute.

Just in case you are serious Bamber I shall paste the sentence again:

no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety Executive for the purposes of this paragraph.

I have even placed in bold the bits that are relevant to you.

For DIY in your own home fine; however, as has been discussed adnorsium since I first started taking part in online forums many years ago, if you are doing gas work for ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF then you MUST be REGISTERED with CORGI.

Legally this would include payment of any kind; or working for or on behalf of anybody. If you were to sub-contract then both yourself and the contractor are legally repsonsible for making sure you are registered in some form or another.

Unfortunate and annoying this is I agree but that is the law.

You can argue the need for CORGI as an entity, but one thing is for sure, you do not appear to have enough grasp of the legislation you have to work under to be able to question it.

Amusing debate though so I thank you. :LOL:

Hugely fascinating chunk of blah de blah, but I am still having trouble finding the regulation that you should register with corgi. call me a frikkin` nitpicker. Shouldn`t we be registering with HSE.? They are the ones that have any bite. Corgi are not worth a carrot. Sorry they might strike you off their register. Whoopee.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back