Corgi registration

• Thread starter Bambergaspipe
  • Start date
namsag said:
Not the best tactics to get support from fellow people in the industry bamber.

Corgi is the only body recognised by the HSE

Not interested in kissing ass, just interested in other opinions, poster`s who reduce themselves to calling you` thick & ignorant` because you hold a different view are only showing there own stupidity. I merely challenged the validity of being enslaved to a company monopolising the Gas industry. As Chris has shown, he reviles it & swears by it at the same time. ;) Who`s the Ignoramus :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with questioning whether there should be a body like Corgi, but you went further and said there was no legal requirement to register with Corgi. Several people tried to point out that there is but you refused to listen. Then you become abusive, calling me an idiot and ignoramus, and libelous, saying that I called you an idiot, which I plainly didn't, and you try to make fun of some insignificant spelling mistake.

If you want to have a serious debate about the desirability of Corgi you need to be more careful with the wording of your postings. Just slagging people off who dare to disagree with you doesn't get you very far.

Well if I wasn't corgi registered and was looking for work to be done I certainly wouldn't get it done by Bamber. So clearly incompetent and doesnt know basic gas regs :rolleyes:

chrishutt said:
Bambergaspipe, your ignorance of the Gas Safety Regulations shows that you are not competent, therefore it is rightly illegal for you to carry out gas work even on a DIY basis. The whole point of the GSRs and Corgi is to protect the public from people like you.

(Your first reply), if anyone requires a lesson on Forum etiquette it must surely be you. Ignorant, incompetent & illegal. I think that`s what you stated. I don`t see why you are getting all offended :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
jonsie said:
Well if I wasn't corgi registered and was looking for work to be done I certainly wouldn't get it done by Bamber. So clearly incompetent and doesnt know basic gas regs :rolleyes:

That`s my diary knackered for the rest of the year :cry:

How will I feed the Wife & Wee ones ?? ;) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Read the notes on the back of your gas qualification certificate bamber

NOTES
Confirmation that the certificate holder is competent in the gas safety assessment(s) contained on the certificate, and is also employed by a CORGI registered business

I think that makes you illegal dont it :LOL:

Bambergaspipe said:
chrishutt said:
Bambergaspipe, your ignorance of the Gas Safety Regulations shows that you are not competent, therefore it is rightly illegal for you to carry out gas work even on a DIY basis. The whole point of the GSRs and Corgi is to protect the public from people like you.

(Your first reply), if anyone requires a lesson on Forum etiquette it must surely be you. Ignorant, incompetent & illegal. I think that`s what you stated. I don`t see why you are getting all offended :rolleyes:

Just stating facts B -

1. You are by your own admission ignorant of the Gas Safety Regs.

2. You are by definition incompetent as the term is used in GSRs.

3. You are by definition working illegally as made clear in GSRs.

Nothing personal or abusive, just making observations.

Out of interest have you told your liability insurance company you are no longer registered? What was their view...will they still cover you for gas work?

chrishutt said:
Nothing wrong with questioning whether there should be a body like Corgi,
I know, that`s what I was doing ;)

but you went further and said there was no legal requirement to register with Corgi.

Err... there is no legal requirement for any gas fitter to register with Corgi. ;)

Several people tried to point out that there is but you refused to listen.

Probably because several people were wrong ;)

Then you become abusive, calling me an idiot

You are an idiot ;)

and ignoramus, and libelous, saying that I called you an idiot, which I plainly didn't, and you try to make fun of some insignificant spelling mistake.

Have you taken your tablets?

If you want to have a serious debate about the desirability of Corgi you need to be more careful with the wording of your postings.

Try reading your first uninvited contribution & tell me it isn`t hostile. You need to be careful with the wording of your postings.

Just slagging people off who dare to disagree with you

I don`t remember slagging off anybody at all :rolleyes:

Gasguru said:
Out of interest have you told your liability insurance company you are no longer registered? What was their view...will they still cover you for gas work?

No idea, I have never had liability insurance..( innit shocking).. :D

namsag said:
It would be great if a test case could brought to court, what gives anyone the right to say we must pass an exam every 5 years costing a lot of money when we are already qualified .How many other industries have this forced upon them.
To be a doctor you have to pay the GMC over £300 a year (maybe more) or else you aren't allowed to work.

banber our electrician charges us £100 to wire a combi and puts the money(cash)in his pocket we do any drilling or things so it only takes him about 20 mins or so including coffee break part p my a**** its all one big rip off i think we all sick of this s**** its going to far we now do some wining jobs ie connect 3 wiers from spur 2 a l,n,e, on blr p****** off paying £100 a time if corgi say anythink i i tell then our sparks done it as he wont reg them as he a sparks not a corgi fitter so he plays by his own rules

daden said:
banber our electrician charges us £100 to wire a combi and puts the money(cash)in his pocket we do any drilling or things so it only takes him about 20 mins or so including coffee break part p my a**** its all one big rip off i think we all sick of this s**** its going to far we now do some wining jobs ie connect 3 wiers from spur 2 a l,n,e, on blr p****** off paying £100 a time if corgi say anythink i i tell then our sparks done it as he wont reg them as he a sparks not a corgi fitter so he plays by his own rules

From the probable drink fuelled muddle I managed to gather that your spark is a robbing barsteward. I pay 45 quid tops & that`s with a certificate from the spark. ;)

To be a doctor you have to pay the GMC over £300 a year (maybe more) or else you aren't allowed to work.

That would be of huge interest if this site was `` I`m a Doctor`` unfortunately for you & the millions tuning in......... it`s called plumbing & heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back