New Forum Help "thanks" -> "likes"

For a few years the forum crept along using its round wheel, eventually someone decided it would be better with a square wheel, not sure why, but change for the sake of change springs to mind.
After realising a square wheel is useless but being afraid that a backward step would look wrong, the square wheel was replaced for a triangle one......

Will somebody remind them that a round wheel will help to move the forum along.

Sponsored Links
For a few years the forum crept along using its round wheel, eventually someone decided it would be better with a square wheel, not sure why, but change for the sake of change springs to mind.
After realising a square wheel is useless but being afraid that a backward step would look wrong, the square wheel was replaced for a triangle one......

Will somebody remind them that a round wheel will help to move the forum along.

Are you referring to the forum as a whole or just the like/thanks?

Thanks and Like are now happily coexisting (hopefully). The thanks count has been restored, and likes effectively start from zero from a few hours ago.
Thanks. Will this 'Likes' count, which started from zero yesterday, actually be displayed somewhere? My personal view is that there is far less reason for displaying it than the 'Thanks' count (which is what is really relevant in an advice-giving forum) - but if you weren't planning to display it somewhere, I guess you wouldn't bother 'counting' it, so I'm unclear about your intentions?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
There is a likes total listed on your profile page on the left. The thanks count is the only count that shows on the user info to the left of posts though.
Thanks for clarifying. From my POV that makes perfect sense - as I said, I wouldn't (in forums like these) see much point/value in displaying a 'Likes' count in the info next to each post.

Kind Regards, John

Back