The Air Fryer Channel

I considered getting an air fryer but couldn't find the space to put one in our small kitchen.
I had one and I gave it away for that very reason. It took up too much space when not in use, and it took up too much worktop space when it was in use.

Sponsored Links
That was my main concern - where do you put the damn thing when not using it? We have to store our bread maker in the cupboard because on our worktops we have a microwave, toaster, food mixer, kettle and coffee pod machine. It’s starting to look cluttered. I’m considering getting one but replacing the microwave with one of these: https://www.johnlewis.com/sage-smo8...67sMHm9WKAgxZTeiBDhoCGs8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

View attachment 278101
I had a dual-action microwave/oven in the 80s and it was a fine thing; fitted into it's own space in a larger kitchen when i lived in t'city - you sure got a lot of gadgets. "Less stuff - more joy.":D

I had a dual-action microwave/oven in the 80s and it was a fine thing; fitted into it's own space in a larger kitchen when i lived in t'city - you sure got a lot of gadgets. "Less stuff - more joy.":D
Same here. Our current microwave has a fair few functions but we’ve only ever used the microwave. Don’t think I know how to use the other functions. We've had it about 4 years so I suppose we should learn how to use this before junking it for something even more complicated. Oh, it also doubles as our fruit bowl!

image.jpg

That's a lot of buttons. I think we should adopt the Welsh word for them - poppity ping! When i heard Rhod Gilbert say that on QI i was convinced it was a wind-up, but no! Genius.

Sponsored Links
Had a Lakeland catalogue through the door and i noted a pizza oven there for £299. I like pizza but i'd have to get the builders in to extend the kitchen and who eats pizza that often to justify an oven at that price.
We were in Lakeland last week, where we saw the izza oven (and commented similar). They were also demonstrating the AirFryer with oven chips. Very nice chips, but as other have said - where would you put it?

Meanwhile, we have a Standard Remoska Electric Cooker that we use in the campervan when staying somewhere with hookup.

We plan to measure its use when doing our daughter's meal, as uses 400w, it may save some money if we are only using the main oven for that.

Takes about 30mins to do chicken nuggets and chips, which is a bit longer than the main oven, but still might be cheaper.

Last edited:
Same here. Our current microwave has a fair few functions but we’ve only ever used the microwave. Don’t think I know how to use the other functions. We've had it about 4 years so I suppose we should learn how to use this before junking it for something even more complicated. Oh, it also doubles as our fruit bowl!

View attachment 278111
Everything I hate about most modern microwaves: Excessive amount of useless functions and buttons. All most of us need is a timer and power setting. The innards of a microwave are nearly all made in the same factory, no matter what make you buy.

What does fried air taste like?

View attachment 278111
Snap, though ours is a lot older and the buttons are wearing. Still works fine.
1661857338666.jpg

Popty is actually the Welsh word for oven, so not odd really.
There's lots of that when you translate other languages. The Italian for vacuum cleaner is aspirapolvere, literally it sucks dust. (dust sucker)
The Spanish is aspiradora. Which is literally something like the sucker or it that breathes in.

Sponsored Links
Back