The answer to gas work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been having a look on the Corgi site, the customer section.
Found this
Do Not DIY With Gas
Although there are many DIY tasks you can safely perform at home, unless you are a trained professional, working with gas appliances is not one of them.

That is a pretty clear statement.

There is also a podcast to listen too, it advises on planning any sort of diy and working safely, after about 1 min 30 secs they following is quoted
"unless you are corgi registered you can not do any gas work on the home"

It does not imply have a go if you want, if you think your competant, you may but we advise you not too.

Quite clear "you can not"

Sponsored Links
If you can post a link I would be grateful. :D

I think there will be someone along shortly to discuss this with you!

banghead.gif

Not ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT ,AINT WE HAD ENOUGH YET,KNOW I HAVE!

Sponsored Links
Wiggi, I,ll keep driv tied up for ages with this one, it then lets all others to offer sound qualified advice to OP's without scaremongering abuse.

Although there are many DIY tasks you can safely perform at home, unless you are a trained professional, working with gas appliances is not one of them.

Quite clear "you can not"

They lie.

They also say that;

"Illegal work is gas work carried out for gain by a person not working on behalf of a CORGI registered business."

DIY is not "carried out for gain" and therefore is not illegal by this sloppy definition.

http://www.trustcorgi.com/bewareofcowboys/HowToSpotACowboy.htmx

DIY gas work is not illegal if you are "competent".
Some may not like it, but that's the way it is.
So just deal with it.
Now shut up.

Well said Onetap, They lie and it's nothing to do with Corgi, how many times do we have to say it.

Read the HSE fundamental review papers and findings. Its quite clear, and there should be no arguments.

I don't like it you don't like it.DIY gas is not illegal and until they change the regulations that remains the facts

"Illegal work is gas work carried out for gain by a person not working on behalf of a CORGI registered business."

Nonsense of course. But
"work carried out for gain by a person not working on behalf of a CORGI registered business is Illegal "
would be right!

I wish they'd read the law themselves and not mention "gain" which isn't there. It gives silly people like Drivel the wrong idea. It's still illegal even if there's no gain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back