The Bible tells

Status
Not open for further replies.
again...what seems to be a broad brush is the tiny-est tip of an iceberg

God stepped into time as the man Jesus, and suffered all that we suffer, was persecuted, snubbed, laughed at and hated by the sanhedrin since he pointed the finger at them as being heretics...whitewashed walls full of sin and corruption
they arranged a false trial and said he was a heretic since he claimed to be the son of god...your words not mine...??
the plan was that he should be crucified after being lashed nearly to death then hung on a cross

by his stripes we are healed and he was pierced for our sins and transgressions...
hung on a tree...he who hangs on a tree is cursed...killed!
end of story the sanhedrin says...business as usual...
the curtain in the temple is ripped apart...all barriers to God are removed
the jews understood these things

the jews arent responsible for Jesus death...the played their part
the romans arent responsible for Jesus death...they brought to israel the means of execution..the cross...the tree and the studded flail...so that Jesus could be "pierced and striped...
told in the old testament that the suffering servant would come and save (greek sozo) heal..us

if you want the real background to the crucifixion here it is

Isaiah 53 King James Version (KJV)
53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
No wonder the bible is written in gibberish,god lovers write in gibberish too.

Sponsored Links
What future plan has God got for the Jews then? According to the bible only 144,000 will be spared so what happens to the rest if they don't accept Jesus as their saviour.

It was actually not until 367 AD that the church father Athanasius first provided the complete listing of the 66 books belonging to the canon.

that figure is erroneous...it was written by a madman on the isle of patmos but was so allegorical that the
they decided to include it
it isnt by any means true to life although a lot of christians go gaga over some of the verses

No wonder the bible is written in gibberish,god lovers write in gibberish too.

we quote what is written...if we change it it wouldnt be scripture as revealed
the original bibles were written in greek, then latin, medieval english, then gradually paraphrased into the universal language...gibberish...only understood by those who seek to understand:censored::censored::censored:
sorry you dont qualify
:D

Sponsored Links
It was actually not until 367 AD that the church father Athanasius first provided the complete listing of the 66 books belonging to the canon.

that figure is erroneous...it was written by a madman on the isle of patmos but was so allegorical that the
they decided to include it
it isnt by any means true to life although a lot of christians go gaga over some of the verses
If the bible states that a person cannot enter the Kingdom of God unless they accept Jesus as their saviour what happens if Jews and Hindu's ect don't accept Jesus as their saviour.

less death destruction and loss - leaving people less likely to turn to religion
looking for an answer to life, why are we here, what are we here for, is there something on the other side of the universe, is that being religious, or don't we all have those thoughts from time to time in our lives , no matter who you are.
now I was like that, but whithout being self rightouse,or boasting a true Christian, knows they have been given that truth through Christ by his Holy Spirit. now if I was to walk away from my faith, God forbid, I can say one thing, there is nothing else out there for me to search, either by another religion, or anything else, because I know that what I experienced was the truth.

looking for an answer to life, why are we here, what are we here for, is there something on the other side of the universe, is that being religious, or don't we all have those thoughts from time to time in our lives , no matter who you are.
now I was like that, but whithout being self rightouse,or boasting a true Christian, knows they have been given that truth through Christ by his Holy Spirit. now if I was to walk away from my faith, God forbid, I can say one thing, there is nothing else out there for me to search, either by another religion, or anything else, because I know that what I experienced was the truth.
Typical christian.need religion to lean on as a crutch to give your life meaning.It aint rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back