So when does the sentence fit the crime?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So often people go on about 'throwing away the key' when a horrendous crime is committed...

How many here think that a cold blooded execution only warrants 10 years in jail?

But before you answer that, think on this..If it were a British soldier executed by the Taliban, what retribution would you be calling for?

This murderer has also put the lives of other British soldiers more at risk, because our 'enemy' (and don't forget 'our enemy' thinks we are the 'real enemy', and vice-versa) will have won the battle because we have been shown to stoop to their level!

Sponsored Links
I wondered what the hell Ella was talking about until I read you post, Mitch.

Yes, I think three days sounds about right. :)

Sponsored Links
I am not going to defend the lad, but they are in a bloody war zone. We obviously can not start acting like them and executing people, that makes us no better than them, but i imagine the Judge made the decision based on this fact.

50 years old when he will be released, hope he gets reformed

What a bunch of ignorant numpties you lot are...

But I note nobody is willing to answer the real question...

namely: "If it were a British soldier executed by the Taliban, what retribution would you be calling for?"

But then that is just too difficult a question isn't it....pmsl!

Correct! The sentence does not fit the crime.

He should get a medal not a prison sentence.

namely: "If it were a British soldier executed by the Taliban, what retribution would you be calling for?"

Retribution ? they would be asked to volunteer for mine clearance duty, state of the art equipment would be supplied namely a pair of snow shoes.

As for the marine he should have got a community service or an asbo

No wonder we lost the war to the terrorists if the numpties on here are anything to go by... :rolleyes:

I know what I'd be calling for, but I suspect the perpetrator would receive a caution or an ASBO!

Edit: Damn! Transam got in before me.

Nope...

You numpties are the ones to blame...lol

And the terrorists are thanking you as we speak!

No wonder we lost the war to the terrorists if the numpties on here are anything to go by... :rolleyes:

War ?? lost?? :) :D

According to Bush, terrorists wanted to destroy our freedoms.
And I'm pretty sure we used to have a lot more of them, so yeah, they won.

The way we should have won the War on Terror was so damn easy....simply by not being afraid, and continuing to live our lives as normal.

Sponsored Links
Back