So when does the sentence fit the crime?

According to Bush, terrorists wanted to destroy our freedoms.
And I'm pretty sure we used to have a lot more of them, so yeah, they won.

The way we should have won the War on Terror was so damn easy....simply by not being afraid, and continuing to live our lives as normal.

We can certainly try. Terrorists have achieved one thing, though: massive queues at airport security!

Sponsored Links
No wonder we lost the war to the terrorists if the numpties on here are anything to go by... :rolleyes:

War ?? lost?? :) :D

According to Bush, terrorists wanted to destroy our freedoms.
And I'm pretty sure we used to have a lot more of them, so yeah, they won.

The way we should have won the War on Terror was so damn easy....simply by not being afraid, and continuing to live our lives as normal.

I like the idea of just carrying on as normal but that wouldn't stop terrorism. Terrorists thrive on the element of surprise after all.

The way we could have won 'the war' is to actually go to war properly and stop p*ncing around acting all polite towards the enemy. The fact that a soldier is trained to kill and then gets imprisoned for killing (in a war zone)is ridiculous. I'm not saying I agree with war necessarily but if you are going to do it, don't hold back.

Two minutes before that insurgent was injured, he would quite happily have killed the soldier so where's the problem.

squeaky said:
Two minutes before that insurgent was injured, he would quite happily have killed the soldier so where's the problem.

The answer can be found in the Geneva Convention. But wait a minute; doesn't that only apply to regular soldiers in uniform? :?: :?: :?: Way back in junior school, I was taught the difference between a soldier and a guerrilla. The latter was not protected by the Geneva Convention and could be shot on sight. Did somebody change the rules while I wasn't looking? :confused: :confused: :confused:

squeaky said:

The answer can be found in the Geneva Convention. But wait a minute; doesn't that only apply to regular soldiers in uniform? :?: :?: :?: Way back in junior school, I was taught the difference between a soldier and a guerrilla. The latter was not protected by the Geneva Convention and could be shot on sight. Did somebody change the rules while I wasn't looking? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Commonsense at last

Sponsored Links
I just hope that public opinion forces the out-of-touch politically-motivated powers-that-be to reverse their decision, and that he is released from jail soon.

Back