The Bible tells

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a number of things:
- education - A better understanding of the Universe, but even science does not dismiss the possibility of intelligent design, its either that or a multiverse as the probability of neither is near infinitely unlikely.
- less death destruction and loss - leaving people less likely to turn to religion
- fewer people hoping that there is more to all this and that the answer is not born to die or 42.

Sponsored Links
- education - A better understanding of the Universe, but even science does not dismiss the possibility of intelligent design, its either that or a multiverse as the probability of neither is near infinitely unlikely.
- less death destruction and loss - leaving people less likely to turn to religion
- fewer people hoping that there is more to all this and that the answer is not born to die or 42.
Hopefully it puts an end to religion,but I doubt it,too many brainwashed,deluded,and needy souls.

"Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)"
And verily I say to thee brothers and sisters,put down the bible and Read VIZ,for it makes more sense.Hallelulah

Sponsored Links
Some people are more prone to be believing (and following things) than others, owing to the "god gene" (VMAT2 proteins), so those might not be enough. They may go from being religious to a hippy or something.

Some people are more prone to be believing (and following things) than others, owing to the "god gene" (VMAT2 proteins), so those might not be enough. They may go from being religious to a hippy or something.
God gene is about as believable as the bible.

You hit the nail on the head " natural but at that time supernatural" because it was 2k years ago and science was v primitive.You do not have that excuse for believing that pap now
doyou think people in them days were less intelligent, when you say primitive, lets look at Egypt as an example, I would not say they were primitive, in fact very intelligent. I am sure most in them days knew the difference between something normal, and something unusually, or phenomenom.
as far as I know, no one yet knows how the pyramids were built , so saying there primitive in them days , is the brain wash of darwinism

Will science mean the eventual end of religion?
it depends what your definition of religion is. some science is delving in the unknown in terms of the supernatural , example the God particle, there using CERN to discover the other side, so to speak,
man is searching, science is searching and discovering, for why are we here, and what is beyond, is that a form of religion, or just searching for the truth.
so no, science wont get rid of religion, I think science will become religious
for me being a Christian, the core believes is not religion, but relationship whith God, and fellowship whith believers, its a family.. its not about ceromonys,and costumes, , but about love life, fellowship, freedom,hope,

"Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)"

its about not making foolish vows to God, to get something back in return.
God never asked him for a vow, nor did God demand he go ahead whith burning his daughter. he made a foolish vow, but God would not of punished him if he did not carry out that vow knowing it was his daughter.
his daughter possibly out of love for her father, knowing he made a vow, gave herself to save him from judgement, a judgement that was never going to happen.

its about not making foolish vows to God, to get something back in return.
God never asked him for a vow, nor did God demand he go ahead whith burning his daughter. he made a foolish vow, but God would not of punished him if he did not carry out that vow knowing it was his daughter.
his daughter possibly out of love for her father, knowing he made a vow, gave herself to save him from judgement, a judgement that was never going to happen.
Why cant the bible just say what it means,instead of babbling rubbish.Especially since it was written hundreds or thousands of years ago when no one could read.Its so vague and poorly written that every thing in it can be interpreted loads of ways.Fellowship,frienship etc is all around without resorting to non existant superstition to feel loved

"A Bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."
Deuteronimy 23:2.......Howling out loud!!!.This stuff just gets better and better.
What lesson was god trying to teach us in a cak handed boggle eyed way here then?

I support Israel.

its complicated, but God has a future plan for the jews, and Israel.

yes it is, jews flocking back to Israel, is what was predicted. a sign of end times
What future plan has God got for the Jews then? According to the bible only 144,000 will be spared so what happens to the rest if they don't accept Jesus as their saviour.

...but it wasn't "man's" sins. It was just a few Romans.

who told you that??? you are losing the plot Jesus died for the sins of the world...the romans were following orders from their superiors...and many became christians...
thus...
The centurion, and those soldiers who were with him keeping guard over Jesus, when they saw the earthquake and the things that were happening, became very frightened and said, "Truly this was the Son of God!"
now...

the sacrifice of Jesus as the lamb of God meant He was sinless but took on the sins of the world past present and future...for all people, forever....
the jews would see the symbolisim of this type of sacrifice as the sacrificial lambs used in the temple were a special breed which were kept at bethlehem and watched over by Herod's picked and under the pain of death, shepherds...not one of these lambs were to be lost since the sacrifices were more sucessful the amount of blood shed...and the Levitical priests were looking forward to good dinners...roast lamb..also none were to be damaged in anyway...pure and with no faults...so at christmas time while shepherds watched..?? nest pas?
with the death of Jesus all sins were to be washed clean in the Blood of the Lamb...when confessed with true repentance...they still go on and those who have been made "sinless" still sin so...

Romans 3:23 New International Version (NIV)
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

quite a quandary for those who really feel bad about what they do in terms of God's idea of what a sin is...
not obeying the ten commandments...impossible
but trying is part of the issue...not giving up and improving but failing and in failing, rising up and trying again...finish the race even if you are last..

I thought it was the Jews who wanted Jesus crucified because they believed he was a charlatan.
Pontius Pilate was pressurised by the mob and washed his hands of the whole thing or so the story goes.
Isn't this why Christians blame Jews for the death of Jesus and if the Jewish people in the end times want to get into heaven they will be required to convert.

again...what seems to be a broad brush is the tiny-est tip of an iceberg

God stepped into time as the man Jesus, and suffered all that we suffer, was persecuted, snubbed, laughed at and hated by the sanhedrin since he pointed the finger at them as being heretics...whitewashed walls full of sin and corruption
they arranged a false trial and said he was a heretic since he claimed to be the son of god...your words not mine...??
the plan was that he should be crucified after being lashed nearly to death then hung on a cross

by his stripes we are healed and he was pierced for our sins and transgressions...
hung on a tree...he who hangs on a tree is cursed...killed!
end of story the sanhedrin says...business as usual...
the curtain in the temple is ripped apart...all barriers to God are removed
the jews understood these things

the jews arent responsible for Jesus death...the played their part
the romans arent responsible for Jesus death...they brought to israel the means of execution..the cross...the tree and the studded flail...so that Jesus could be "pierced and striped...
told in the old testament that the suffering servant would come and save (greek sozo) heal..us

if you want the real background to the crucifixion here it is

Isaiah 53 King James Version (KJV)
53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

I thought it was the Jews who wanted Jesus crucified because they believed he was a charlatan.
Pontius Pilate was pressurised by the mob and washed his hands of the whole thing or so the story goes.
Isn't this why Christians blame Jews for the death of Jesus and if the Jewish people in the end times want to get into heaven they will be required to convert.

God wanted Jesus dead...the prophesies of His coming and the deal God was planning had to take place under Roman occupation so that 1. the cross was the means of execution 2. the Romans favourite beating up weapon was the studded flail..
as i mentioned earlier...the sanhedrin and the romans hadnt a clue what was happening...but were the instruments of Gods plan, to provide the last sacrifice for all time to re-unite Him with man
cause and effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back