The boiler, The shaver socket and the bathroom!

Why not try "In The Garden" if you want a kindly reception? They are all peat-free compost over there.

They do talk a lot about what you need to do "in the back end" though.

Sponsored Links
Do all you guys on here just sit back and pick holes? What I wrote was a useful edition for anyone who may want to connect an sfu to an sfu, it is fine. You seem to think that you lot and only you lot are allowed to post on here, well, here's the deal, you ain't! This is a public forum and as long as what I write is correct then that's ok. You seem to think that only you know the regulations? Wake up again, you only know what you've read in BS7671 for the 17th ed which is a multi choice (guess?) exam that anyones granny can be taught to pass. Don't think you are the only ones who know anything.
And yes, his comment was pompous and yes he is self important, like the rest of you, because he posted a comment that has no value whatsoever to anyone looking for information. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have written anything!
Now, please ban me from this forum as I really have no intention of being associated with any of you egotistical no brainers.
Replys will not be read or replied to.

Sponsored Links
Not by you maybe, but in the interests of anybody else coming along (i.e. in keeping with the spirit of useful editions (sic) for anyone who might want to connect an FCU to an FCU)....

What I wrote was a useful edition for anyone who may want to connect an sfu to an sfu, it is fine.
It wasn't useful, because it implied that the OP was wanting to connect 2 FCUs in series.

He wasn't - he had an existing spur with an FCU on it and he wanted to add an unfused spur upstream of the existing FCU. Not allowed, and not the same as what you said was OK.

Secondly you implied that the ability to have several FCUs in series was something new in the 17th, which is not the case, and you must either be a bit odd or utterly ignorant of what the word means to describe "There's nothing new about that at all" as pompous.

You seem to think that you lot and only you lot are allowed to post on here, well, here's the deal, you ain't!
I agree.

And here's another deal for you - you ain't immune from criticism when you post on here.

This is a public forum and as long as what I write is correct then that's ok.
And when it's not correct?

You seem to think that only you know the regulations? Wake up again, you only know what you've read in BS7671 for the 17th ed which is a multi choice (guess?) exam that anyones granny can be taught to pass.
Get your granny to post here then - maybe she'll do a better job than you.

And yes, his comment was pompous and yes he is self important, like the rest of you, because he posted a comment that has no value whatsoever to anyone looking for information.
It was of value, because it pointed out that you were wrong.

If he wasn't, he wouldn't have written anything!
And the reason you wrote something was.......?

Now, please ban me from this forum as I really have no intention of being associated with any of you egotistical no brainers.
'Bye then.

Of course, with new wiring regulation, you can have an unlimited amount of spurs off spurs off spurs as long as each one is fused accordingly

Do all you guys on here just sit back and pick holes? What I wrote was a useful edition for anyone who may want to connect an sfu to an sfu, it is fine.

We certainly pick holes if someone posts incorrect information. Not only that, what you posted was so vague that, even if it had been correct, it would have been of little or no value.

You seem to think that you lot and only you lot are allowed to post on here, well, here's the deal, you ain't! This is a public forum and as long as what I write is correct then that's ok.

You can even write something incorrect if you want, which is in fact exactly what you did. Just in the same way as I can reply and point out your inaccuracies.

You seem to think that only you know the regulations? Wake up again, you only know what you've read in BS7671 for the 17th ed which is a multi choice (guess?) exam that anyones granny can be taught to pass. Don't think you are the only ones who know anything.

Where did I, or anyone else (perhaps with the exception of BAS :LOL: ) claim to be a 17th edition oracle? I can't and don't know everything, but if I don't know something or I'm unsure, I look in my copy of BS7671 for the answer. Clearly you didn't bother to do this before making your post.

And yes, his comment was pompous and yes he is self important, like the rest of you, because he posted a comment that has no value whatsoever to anyone looking for information. If he wasn't, he wouldn't have written anything!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Well at least I get the last word, if nothing else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back