The Brexit Bill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have in mind those who campaigned to resign from the EU, and gave an impression of what they claimed it would be like.

I never managed to find a leave-supporter who would say which of the four options they wanted and were campaigning and voting for.

Here's an example of a campaigning Quitter:

another

sub-buzz-3231-1504702645-1.jpg

another

sub-buzz-30349-1504700740-1.jpg

another

sub-buzz-17076-1504784134-11.jpg

Do you remember that nonsense about £350million a week for the NHS?

NHS2.jpg

Iain350NHS.png

350IDS.png

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I see Parliament has just voted away its right and duty to vote on the brexit bill.

It seems to me that this apparent hypocricy is a way of abrogating responsibility and being able to blame this Government for any future disasters.

No one wants to take the blame.

They should all be sacked.

I see Parliament has just voted away its right and duty to vote on the brexit bill.
Actually it is a power grab by the tories...

Labour did the same thing with the legislative regulatory reform act.

Both bills are aptly described as "Abolition of Parliament Acts"!

Funny how the EU looks more and more democratic the longer the brexit farce continues!

Could/should the assessment already be done and written in case a country wants leave? Like a set procedure?

I don't think this club want's people to leave TBH. If there was an easy out it'd just be the Barny and Merkel show by now.

Sponsored Links
Leaving is easy.

Leaving while trying to keep the benefits of membership isn't

Leaving while trying to keep the benefits of membership while refusing to obey the rules or pay the charges is impossible

But of course we all knew that.

The British people voted to leave the EU , in a legal, democratic referendum . Its called democracy ;) more people voted to leave the EU then wanted to stay in the EU .Simples . Yes its called a democratic ;) referendum

Any Government is then bound to respect the will of the people and leave the EU by March 2019

This is the UK not UK-a Stahn ;) Eygpt;) Algeria ;) Venezuala ;) Zimbabwe ;) Congo ;) Iran ;) The Gaza Strip ;) Cuba ;) China;)

I wonder is anybody has the political will push that forward.

The binary choice of the referendum is so divisive, it seems nobody can agree, the public or those in power.

It seems to have crippled government. The fact its full of numpties doesnt help!

I am not a centrist - I like policies from both ends of the spectrum. I agree with Tory policies on benefits tightening but not the wholesale contracting out of public services. I like the labour policies of nationalisation of utilities and Railways. I would like Emplpyers NI to be lowered whilst Corp tax rates to rise. We need to shift the tax base from making it
The British people voted to leave the EU , in a legal, democratic referendum . Its called democracy ;) more people voted to leave the EU then wanted to stay in the EU .Simples . Yes its called a democratic ;) referendum

Any Government is then bound to respect the will of the people and leave the EU by March 2019

This is the UK not UK-a Stahn ;) Eygpt;) Algeria ;) Venezuala ;) Zimbabwe ;) Congo ;) Iran ;) The Gaza Strip ;) Cuba ;) China;)

Democracy requires a safe and informed electorate.

You are trolling as usual. Sad little troll.

The British people voted to leave the EU , in a legal, democratic referendum . Its called democracy
I see a**e end is not aware of the kind of democracy that is used in UK. Maybe he thinks there is only one kind.
Direct democracy is one kind, where every eligible person votes on every eligible issue. We do not have that in the UK.
Representative democracy, the kind practised in UK, is where the people elect representatives to make those decisions for them.

The referendum was not a democratic referendum, it was simply a referendum, for the people to give their representatives an idea of the mood of the nation. There is no legal or historic basis for those representatives to follow the referendum result. They are still free to vote as their conscience dictates.
Some countries do have democratic referendums, it is written into their constitution, sometimes for specific reasons or issues.
We do not have a written constitution.

Of course, we all know that Brexit is absolutely nothing to do with representatives conscience, the will of the people, etc, and all to do with party survival.

Wasn't there a parliamentary vote on article 50.....

IE acted on by representative democracy.
That is not disputed.
There was no legal or constitutional reason for those MPs that voted, to vote with, or against the referendum result.
It was a purely political (more party political than personal political) decision, by the MPS on behalf of their constituents, or, in some cases in defiance of their constituents.

You are trolling as usual. Sad little troll.

He really isn't sad mate. Very, very happy go lucky guy. Mind you, the cars this guy owns.....no wonder. Reckon there's an oil well in the desert dedicated just to him:p "Transam" are your cars the reason I gotta have a fart collector on my new boiler? Am I paying to save the polar bears from your big block hemi's???;)

When is a 'promise' not a promise'?

When it's uttered by a prime minister apparently!

The 'compromise' is nothing of the sort, and the power grab continues apace.
(In other words she lied for votes for the brexit/enabling bill !)

No time allowed to debate fundamental issues, and parliament in chaos.

It looks more and more like the Jeremy Kyle show every day...

Welcome to Brexit land!

There was no legal or constitutional reason for those MPs that voted, to vote with, or against the referendum result.
It was a purely political (more party political than personal political) decision, by the MPS on behalf of their constituents, or, in some cases in defiance of their constituents.

Nevertheless, its an example of representative democracy....There is no legal or historic basis for those representatives to follow the referendum result. They were free to vote as their conscience dictated, which was to trigger article 50.

The referendum was a democratic process, whether or not it was direct or representative.

I think you will find a non democratic nation doesn't have referendums -ask Kim Jong Un how many he has had! (y)

Nevertheless, its an example of representative democracy....There is no legal or historic basis for those representatives to follow the referendum result. They were free to vote as their conscience dictated, which was to trigger article 50.

The referendum was a democratic process, whether or not it was direct or representative.

I think you will find a non democratic nation doesn't have referendums -ask Kim Jong Un how many he has had! (y)
You are just continuing with your utter stupidity and squirming again.
There is no such thing as a democratic referendum in the UK because the constitution (of which there is not one) does not provide for one.
It was part of a democratic process, but that does not make it a "democratic referendum"!

Your comment about other countries is just a wasted comment. It has no bearing!

You are just continuing with your utter stupidity and squirming again.
There is no such thing as a democratic referendum in the UK because the constitution (of which there is not one) does not provide for one.
It was part of a democratic process, but that does not make it a "democratic referendum"!

Your comment about other countries is just a wasted comment. It has no bearing!

A democratic referendum can mean just that: A referendum that is held in a democratic manner.

If a referendum was taken in say Zimbabwe, it may be rigged, so an undemocratic referendum.

What you are saying is the the 2016 referendum was a constitutional referendum.

The direct vote of members of an electorate is known as a plebiscite, not referendum ( although plebiscite seems to be interpreted in different ways).

If you can show me a technical definition of democratic referendum that concurs with your post, Im happy to stand corrected. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back