The Chinese flu outbreak .......wonder why there's panic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there panic? Because the media have told people it is something to panic over.

Something to write about between Brexit stories, asteroids and the big freeze (that will never happen).

How deadly is it?
So far, 17 deaths have been linked to the virus, which suggests a low fatality rate of around 4 per cent. “Most people feel this is somewhere on a spectrum between a relatively mild infection and SARS, which had a very high case-fatality rate,” says Mark Woolhouse at the University of Edinburgh, UK. Again, it is too soon to be sure. There are concerns that the virus could mutate and become more dangerous.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ronavirus-and-how-deadly-is-it/#ixzz6CEwdYANf

Flu kills over half a million people every year. At the moment, that is more dangerous.

Sponsored Links
Why is there panic? Because the media have told people it is something to panic over.

Something to write about between Brexit stories, asteroids and the big freeze (that will never happen).

How deadly is it?
So far, 17 deaths have been linked to the virus, which suggests a low fatality rate of around 4 per cent. “Most people feel this is somewhere on a spectrum between a relatively mild infection and SARS, which had a very high case-fatality rate,” says Mark Woolhouse at the University of Edinburgh, UK. Again, it is too soon to be sure. There are concerns that the virus could mutate and become more dangerous.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/articl...ronavirus-and-how-deadly-is-it/#ixzz6CEwdYANf

Flu kills over half a million people every year. At the moment, that is more dangerous.
That link says it looks like 4% mortality rate. Normal flu is 0.01%, if this spreads as widely as normal flu, which it might as it's believed to be as infections if not more, then that would take your half a million to 200 million.

That's why people are worried.

The whole of China will be affected ;) we are talking millions of cases

they reckon it will not peak or subside till April :eek:

Armageddon

Sponsored Links
Jokes aside i wouldn't want a chinese or anything chinese at the moment, something i ordered from ebay arrived yesterday with China mail plastered all over it, i sprayed the whole thing with bleach and opened it with gloves and sprayed the whole thing with bleach and burnt the packaging. Bit OTT maybe but someone could of been sneezing all over it.

I have to say i bet it's hammering their economy massive, im not ordering anything from ebay or wherever that will be chinese for the moment. Im sure there's a few more people doing that.

Last edited:
Wow 4% is high
25 people, 1 dies
It of course depends on the demographic...

The death rate will be much higher in unhealthy/older people than healthy younger people...

Unless of course it mutates!

Unless of course it mutates!

It's airborne!

Hopefully it will mutate into a harmless to human version before it kills everybody.

#andromedastrainreferences

Thought for the day: if we were all vegetarian, or did small scale subsistence farming and fishing rather than industrialised, this probably would not have happened.

Quarantined tens of millions of people over less than 100 dead?
No.
China has a terrible record on its care for its people, so why on earth would they disrupt so much over so few?
I imagine it is in fact very large in scale. And with that, and the complexities of modernity, the disruption goes beyond the sickness of the people and into the order or otherwise of their life support systems.
We don't feel like we're are 'surviving' very often, but it's a miracle we've gotten this far.

The next month will be interesting!

They will be dropping like flies , in the next week or so

the full extent is probably being hushed up ;)

this is what comes when you eat dodgy grub , dogs cats , bush meat ect ect purchase live animals at market to take home to bump off

or keep in yer house to bump off down the line

tbh they are all fck ed up out there

any one from the UK out there can stay there till this caper blows over imho. fck flying em back to the UK so that we can get contaminated

I am not ready to die yet , my car is being restored :eek:

life is not fair but sh** happens . ;)

We need a good war or pandemic to clear away the chaff every now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back