The crumbustion chamber?

Sponsored Links
this is a pointless post. did'nt read all 18 pages of pointless s**t. but one thing is eveyone goes on about is gas. but the main killer that has to be taken into consideration. is carbon monoxide. the deadliest of them all. no smell like gas etc. thats why most of us gas men now carry an analyser. look at ventilation requirements etc. if you feel confident as a diyer then go out, fork out nearly 5-700 on an analyser that will cost near a ton a year to calibrate to set your boiler up. and do the job. if that dose'nt appeal then shut the **** up.

Or ... Hire one ... Or ... Borrow one ... Or leave the canary in for the weekend and see if it's still chirping on Monday.

MW

I would doubt you would even know how to use it, or what you are even measuring, or how to fix the mixture if the readings are out.

Still, you are more than likely competent because no one has died - YET!!

I've lost loads of canaries.

MW

Sponsored Links
So, back to topic... What sort of things do you actually talk about in there? :LOL: :LOL:

Not much, there is a topic about watts, or kilowatts or something like that but it is a bit boaring. Appears a watt is a bit of a fanny, a kilowatt is a **** and a megawatt? Well you would need to log in to read that one :D :D :D

Diyer's :) alot of them are a danger to themselves let alone to some un suspecting person who buy's there house that they have run riot in ! with there bodged up electrics , plumbing the self fitted kitchen ect ect .

A&E is full of them , shot themselves with a nail gun , poked there eye out with a chisel , fell of the steps slashed there wrists with an angle grinder :)

As I understand it Pt P may be getting amended to make it more diyer freindly :)

Or ... Hire one ... Or ... Borrow one ... Or leave the canary in for the weekend and see if it's still chirping on Monday.

If any of you ****s knew how to use a FGA then we wouldn't need to sacrifice the canary....................pointless drivel , 19 pages of ****e.

Regarding:
How could you be competend without the required training?

Competency has nothing to do with training, you can receive the best training in the World and still be incompetent, conversely, you can receive no training and be fully competent.

Competency is the measurement of actual ability to do something not the qualification.

As an example, I am competent in French but I've not been trained whilst Mrs MW, who has French speaking qualifications, can just about manage "another beer please".

She is qualified and incompetent whilst I am unqualified and competent ... See the difference?

ACS exams are for ensuring a certain standard for Gas professionals ... Well, people who work with gas for a living anyhow :LOL:

MW
What a load of carp - just shows that if Mrs MW has French speaking qualies and can't order another beer?
You speak as if you know the gas regs inside out - so tell me, how would you feel about employing an engineer to service your boiler that wasn't Gas Safe registered?

What a load of carp - just shows that if Mrs MW has French speaking qualies and can't order another beer?
You speak as if you know the gas regs inside out - so tell me, how would you feel about employing an engineer to service your boiler that wasn't Gas Safe registered?
Do you mean "ne rien risquer avec gaz"?

About 6 years ago my wife decided that we needed and extention so I got three quotes and decided on the middle one at £38,000. Within that estimate was the plumbers fixed quote at £5300. Shortly after starting work, he said that I would need a new boiler and named the make and model which I then ordered from a local plumbers merchant. My plumber was not happy. "You are taking away part of my profit" he said. "No I am not" I replied, "for I am still going to pay you your £5300 plus an extra labour charge for fitting the new boiler even though your quote included the refitting of the old boiler". He wouldn't listen and eventually created so much fuss that I agreed to cancel my order for the boiler so that he could re-order it, charge me the RRP plus a fitting charge of £100.

When he had finished all of the work, perhaps stupidly, having the bad habit of paying bills on the spot, I asked him what his final bill was and wrote out a cheque there and then for the figure he came up with. "£5300" he said. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS For those of you who are, like myself, a bit slow, he ended up paying for a boiler at almost £1000 which I was going to supply in the first place. :D :D :D

Do you mean "ne rien risquer avec gaz"?
Sorry fella, I don't speak German :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back