The death penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than make your usual brash statements about how things have never happened or will never happen you may wish to do a little research first ;)

MW

How many people were executed in the period 1952 - 1970 in Denmark?

You know it will never be reintroduced here as no party supports it. Not even the BNP.

Sponsored Links
None AFAIK though I'm not sure why that matters?

You know it will never be reintroduced here as no party supports it. Not even the BNP.
I know no such thing Joe ... I don't make statements about never because never is a very long time.

If it becomes EU legislation it becomes UK legislation at some point.

MW

Never may be a long time but your lifetime isn't. So let's just say 'never in your lifetime'. Happy now?

Sponsored Links
Must be quiet in " The Wind-up Cafe" tonight.

I believe that the death penalty does have it's place, but obviously strictly monitored controls must be put in place to stop the government from just doing what it wants to "because it can".

The death penalty should only be used where the offender has been identified beyond all reasonable doubt, such as with the addition of dna/cctv evidence and has commited a major crime. Repeat offenders of minor crimes should also be executed (3 strikes and your out).

The world is far too over populated as it is and we could do with getting rid of some of the people that do not contribute positively to society. But not only will it help to get rid of some of the scum, it will also help as an effective deterrent to would be criminals.

It is very expensive to keep criminals in all inclusive holiday camps (sorry I mean prisons). Inmates should be made to work for their bed and board by doing their own laundry, cleaning, cooking etc and not allowed to just watch TV, play pool, drink alcohol and take drugs!

Prisons should be called rehabilitation centres and used only to help educate people and get them back on the right track when they have committed more minor crimes.

Confirmed murderers, rapists and terrorist bombers etc should just be eliminated. Otherwise when they are reintroduced into society, they are highly likely to re-offend, targetting the innocent law abiding public.

...one day I will be gone and the world will continue, but a sadder and less interesting place for my loss.
I'm already sad and less interesting, and you haven't gone yet. ;)

Yes - shame about the total hang-up about carrying of a knife.
I used to carry a small pocket knife about two inches long.
I need it since my hands are not strong enough to deal with modern packaging like the plastic that is round magazines and sweets and similar.
Now I am told I have no human right to use such a tool and if I am found with it in public then I am dealt with as if I were a total criminal out to stab and kill. I guess like most of our laws it is another case of people like me being soft targets for the coppers who are pushed to keep their figures up.

Knee-jerk or what. It's more coppers on the beat and an application of common-sense that is needed. Plus proper penalties for those that actually USE a knife to injure or kill.

I used to carry a small pocket knife about two inches long..
Now I am told I have no human right to use such a tool and if I am found with it in public then I am dealt with as if I were a total criminal out to stab and kill...
Knee-jerk or what. It's more coppers on the beat and an application of common-sense that is needed. Plus proper penalties for those that actually USE a knife to injure or kill.

As far as I know it is not illegal to carry a small pocket knife of that size as long as the blade folds and cannot be locked.

However I believe there's no justification for carrying illegal knives and it makes sense that the punishment for doing so should be harsh.

Now I am told I have no human right to use such a tool and if I am found with it in public then I am dealt with as if I were a total criminal out to stab and kill.
Who has told you this?

A folding knife with a blade of 2" would NOT be an offence so whoever told you this is talking out of their a**e.

Knife law, in general, falls into two categories; Offensive Weapons and 'Points and Blades'

Both carry the rider that you do not have lawful authority or a reasonable excuse//good reason for having it. If you have such a reason/excuse/authority then no offence. You would have to show what the reason/excuse/authority was however.

The points and blades law relates to folding pocket knives with a blade exceeding THREE inches OR any knife which locks

Therefore, in your example, a 2" folding knife would not be an offence under this legislation.

Neither would it be an offence under the offensive weapons legislation as it is neither adapted nor made as an offensive weapon.

Only way it could be classed as such is if it was shown it was INTENDED as an offensive weapon e.g. by you saying you had it with you in order to harm someone [an unlikely plea]

Sorry to get off topic here.............

I hereby volunteer to capitally punish people with my weapon.

Actually capital punishment was still on our statutes; for piracy and also treason right up until 1998.

bet you dint know that.

Actually capital punishment was still on our statutes; for piracy and also treason right up until 1998.
You're not as clever as you seem to think, since you missed out arson in Her Majesty's shipyards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back