The Future?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wait six hours to charge your Tesla then spend 4 hours queuing to get out of the car park.

Regardless of anyone's views on EVs, one thing that simply can't be denied is the convenience of refueling a diesel/petrol vehicle over the recharging process of an EV. Yes yes it's getting better from an EV perspective and will no doubt continue to do so. However when you consider you can drive a diesel/petrol vehicle into a station on fumes and drive out again with a full tank only a few minutes later, will EVs ever reach that level of convenience in terms of time to recharge? I doubt it.

And before anyone says it, I don't need a lecture on changing driving/refueling habits to accommodate this 'progress' thanks ;)

Bloke in our row has a leccy car but
No charging point

Even if he had one he cannot get his car close enough to his house no off street parking

Visited all of us about converting a large grassed area into a parking out side our props

Actually assumed I would be willing to chip in financially :ROFLMAO:

Er No

Bloke in our row has a leccy car but
No charging point

Even if he had one he cannot get his car close enough to his house no off street parking

Visited all of us about converting a large grassed area into a parking out side our props

Actually assumed I would be willing to chip in financially :ROFLMAO:

Er No
I'll watch with interest to see how they propose to solve the (at home) charging process for those without a drive and/or dedicated parking space. It was bad enough years back when Telewest dug up the country to lay broadband cables, can you imagine how much digging up will need done to implement an at home charging station for the masses?

Wonder if they got a parking charge notice for overstaying in the services' car park? :eek:
It has happened.

People charging their cars and people stuck in a queue to get out have been issued with an invoice by the greedy grabbing B'stards.

Our local council spent a fortune putting fast charge points in, in place of existing slow charge points then when they renewed vans they bought slow charge vans unable to be fast charged .
Better than that they originally asked there direct labour sparks to fit the original points which they refused because they were not qualified to do so . So they got them to prepare the cables to them on a friday ready for contractors to fit them the following week .
On the monday depot manager told one of labourers to clean the yard and get rid of all the shyte laying about yep the 3 grand plus of cables laying ready got thrown up tip (or more than likely went for scrap)

Our local council spent a fortune putting fast charge points in, in place of existing slow charge points then when they renewed vans they bought slow charge vans unable to be fast charged .
Better than that they originally asked there direct labour sparks to fit the original points which they refused because they were not qualified to do so . So they got them to prepare the cables to them on a friday ready for contractors to fit them the following week .
On the monday depot manager told one of labourers to clean the yard and get rid of all the shyte laying about yep the 3 grand plus of cables laying ready got thrown up tip (or more than likely went for scrap)
Enough said ...

Ironic that Bristol Council have introduced a Ulezzer zone. Their fleet of diesel vans are quite old, especially their cash in transit vehicles. Practice what you preach!

Same here. I'll be the last one driving a petrol/diesel vehicle and spending real paper/plastic money.
I have to admit, on this I've gone over to the dark side. Hardly ever use cash these days.

My young nephew took his girlfriend to Edinburgh for a day out and meal. There was a specific restaurant he wanted to take her to. His heart sank when they were told it's gone cashless. He didn't have enough on his card :(

They ended up going for a McD's.

Sponsored Links
Back