The ignore button

Could somebody please explain the issues with the newly arrived ignore facilty?

Will those who are ignored by other posters be known as the ignored or the ignorees?

Will those who depress the ignore button be known as the ignorers, the ignorant or the ignoramuses (ignorami?).

Is it intended that there will be a special forum (a sort of DIYNOT asylum) where all the ignored/ignorees can communicate, unignored?

Alternatively will there be a forum where one can go in the knowledge that they can be totally ignored by all, in effect to be able to post only to oneself?

Will the posters most ignored be from time-to-time named and shamed?

Is anybody reading this and if not is it because I am being ignored? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
i think the fact that admin have included an ignore button is hilarious!

light the blue touch paper, sit back and watch the fireworks.

priceless.:cool:

chainsaw_masochist
I just pressed the ignore button.. :eek: did anything happen your end? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the ignore button should be replaced by an insult button?

The ignore function is absolutely pointless, all it does is remove your chance to reply.

Oh and how many times will Bolo, Bernard and megawatt tell us they are using the ignore function? Who the hell cares who you are ignoring? If you don't want to reply to someone then don't reply. No need to keep saying 'I'm not replying to someone aren't I clever?"

Well no, it makes you look like you can't match the guy that you are supposedly ignoring. How dumb is that?

Just think of the usefulness of the button too, you could ignore everyone in the electrics section for instance and never have to answer any queries again! :)

Mod 5 wrote: "If you don't find behaviour unacceptable, I don't see what you would have to complain about". That is rude and totally out of order.

With all due respect Mod 5, it was you who introduced the unacceptable behaviour aspect of this discussion, not me. Furthermore, as a moderator, I don't think that it is part of your remit to foretell what I would or would not "have to complain about".

To get you back on track, my question was: "Are Admin limiting all members to one username". I got a straight answer from megawatt and expect the same, not an opinion, from an appointed moderator of this forum. I therefore ask you once again. "Are Admin limiting all members to one username" as far as it is possible to do so. Please can I have a sensible and civil answer to my question Mod 5?

Correct me if I'm wrong, and it has been known, but I thought that the same IP address could be shared by more than one PC, thereby making the task of indentifying forum posters with multiple user names nigh on impossible. Any computer literate types care to clear that up for me?

Correct me if I'm wrong, and it has been known, but I thought that the same IP address could be shared by more than one PC, thereby making the task of indentifying forum posters with multiple user names nigh on impossible. Any computer literate types care to clear that up for me?
We have 4 people who use this computer, all with different usernames and e-mail addresses. In theory therefore, I could be all four - or can I?

Sponsored Links
Back