The ignore button

Mod 5, could you clarify the situation please? On the one hand you are saying that "multiple usernames are liable to be cancelled" and on the other you state that "you are obviously not aware of it having happened". Are you saying that it has happened to certain individuals or that it has just been introduced as a general rule in the 14 minutes between your two posts?

Sponsored Links
The ignore button has been around for about 10 years now. It never worked then and it'll never worked now. It takes away your chance to reply to something that is wrong or you perceive to be wrong. So it'll soon die a death.

Thank you for that Mod 5. Are you now saying, that are far as it is possible, Admin are now limiting all members to one user name?

It's impossible for Admin to know if people have more than one account if they have registered with different email domains and are accessing the site from different IP addresses as these are the only ways they can know users are the same.

And its easy to achieve both :LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
I don't ignore people for a couple of reasons, but mainly because its sort of ignorant :D
Also, I think its very small-minded to just exclude those who challenge your views and asert their own.
As for those who obviously post only to insult...they get banned, not ignored if theres any justice.

Its called choice Durgo, you can choose to read the single minded rants of individuals with extreme points of view and I can choose not to read them and respond only to people who are prepared to debate and consider the possiblity that there may be more than one point of view.

The serenity the Ignore button provides is refreshing and its long overdue.

MW

The ignore button has been around for about 10 years now. It never worked then and it'll never worked now. It takes away your chance to reply to something that is wrong or you perceive to be wrong. So it'll soon die a death.

wish i`d ignored that drivel

I'll be glad when they stop the drivel appearing in the quotes so I'm completely isolated :LOL:

wish i`d ignored that drivel

Here's your chance mate. Do it (he won't)

It's impossible for Admin to know if people have more than one account if they have registered with different email domains and are accessing the site from different IP addresses as these are the only ways they can know users are the same.

MW

Thank you MW. Mod 5 could have given me the same info instead of the politicians reply, "If you suspect unacceptable behaviour etc". I didn't even mention unacceptable behaviour.

Getting back on track, I am really surprised at how well the ignore facility works for me. I am not in the slightest, tempted to unignore the one person I have assigned to that category.

Neither am I and I'm sure we have the same individual on our list ;)

MW

Thank you MW. Mod 5 could have given me the same info instead of the politicians reply, "If you suspect unacceptable behaviour etc". I didn't even mention unacceptable behaviour.

Getting back on track, I am really surprised at how well the ignore facility works for me. I am not in the slightest, tempted to unignore the one person I have assigned to that category.

That's ok mate - you were never an intellectual match for me anyway.

Mod5 said:
A number of multiple usernames have been cancelled in the last month or so.
I wondered why certain members had disappeared recently

Sponsored Links
Back