The John Terry thing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How much Police time and pointless discussion is taking place just because somebody thinks he called them a name?

FFS - grow up. If somebody thinks you are B**** T***** then so F'ing what?

Ageism and sexism don't seem to be a problem - so why does racism get all the attention?

Sponsored Links
Could be something to do with the Respect campaign. Or the fact that he's the England captain. Obviously everyone is innocent until proven guilty, so it's probably a good idea not to speculate.

What's your daughter gone on to do by the way, Joe?

Nothing much yet - working as a waitress in a swanky hotel.

She's thinking of doing a tefl (Teaching English abroad) for a few months before trying to get into Med School (Very difficult).

TEFL would be a good experience. I know of a few people doing the same. Decent money by the sounds of it.

She not interested in going further into psychology (besides psychiatry)?

Sponsored Links
I wonder how many times Carlos Tevez has been called an ugly ****, or Peter Crouch a lanky skinny ****. Where are the pc mob when it comes to protecting their hurt feelings?

How much Police time and pointless discussion is taking place just because somebody thinks he called them a name?

FFS - grow up. If somebody thinks you are B**** T***** then so F'ing what?

Ageism and sexism don't seem to be a problem - so why does racism get all the attention?
I wonder how many times Carlos Tevez has been called an ugly ****, or Peter Crouch a lanky skinny ****. Where are the pc mob when it comes to protecting their hurt feelings?
Two points well made.

I made reference to ageism in the: 'One million young people unemployed....' thread. Not a single person picked up on it.

Why does a government that voted for the introduction of laws to prohibit Age Discrimination, spend so much time and money collating figures to inform the nation how many 'YOUNG' people are unemployed in this country? Call me old fashioned (pun intended), but that emphasis of

One million YOUNG people unemployed....

proves that the 'important' unemployed are the 'young'. What greater endorsement of Age Discrimination is there than a governmental one?

Perhaps no one picked up on it because, as we are predominantly middle aged and older people here, we're not particularly bothered. We know ageism is rife and there's nothing anyone will do about it. I can see how that might be the case but when the government are blatantly ageist, it's giving the green light to the country.

In this country there's a prejudice when it comes to prejudice.

Prima Donas!

Carlos Tevez, £250'000 per week, refuses to play because he dont feel up to it!

Billy Sharp, plays in the Championship for £10'000 per week and plays 2 days after the death of his 2 day old son, only last week.

If kids want to look up to players, dont look up to the majority of players in the Premier league.

I just wonder what JT would say if someone called him a two timing rat, with his brains in his trousers???? Probably nut someone. ;) ;) ;)

Nothing much yet - working as a waitress in a swanky hotel.

She's thinking of doing a tefl (Teaching English abroad) for a few months before trying to get into Med School (Very difficult).

Your daughter's going to med school :eek:

What does she think of your opinion of doctors then Joe?

:LOL:

MW

Sponsored Links
Back