The Khant is helping London drivers.

This f#cking khant has destroyed london.
The sooner is kicked out the better.
Doesn't matter who comes after him, they can't be any worse.
And they'll have to clear all the shyt that the midget poured over london and the Londoners.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wrong way round. People driving in from outside London are subsidising the tube/TFL, because Sad IQ has more or less bankrupted TFL, amongst his other failings in London.
Prior to the pandemic TFL was using the profit from fare income to pay for the roads that TFL look after after Boris agreed central government grant cuts before he headed out of the door, it's only now getting back to where it was and is still TFL's biggest source of income by a mile.

What do you mean?
The drivers using it should be paying for the Silvertown instead of Londoners who never even wanted it in the first place, the idea you could toll just that and have the tunnel adjacent still free is ridiculous.

the idea you could toll just that and have the tunnel adjacent still free is ridiculous.
Yeah, I can see your point there. Bit of a stupid idea having a free crossing next to a paid one.

I wonder if the unspoken longer term strategy is to make cities (and perhaps towns eventually) the preserve of the middle and upper classes when it comes to driving anywhere near them. So if someone needs to use the tunnel twice a day Mon-Fri they'd be looking at £52.50 weekly out of their pocket. And I wonder what he's defining as poor? Often when Labour refer to 'rich' people on 'high' incomes they mean folk earning £40k + or even less.

Maybe if governments and councils better managed their budgets we'd have less need for plans like this.

They were talking about options for road charging on a morning tv show today. One guy on the panel was quite open about being anti-car and suggested road charging is the way to go. He did say this shouldn't be a blanket thing charging wise e.g. someone living in the country with little access to good public transport would pay nothing or very little to use their local roads, however someone driving into a major city centre should be hit with high charges to encourage them to use public transport.

Maybe sounds fine in theory.

What about those on low incomes who need to drive in/out of city centres i.e. due to their job and have bulkier items they maybe need to have with them? Get the bus ... not always practical.

Sponsored Links
Back