The most Beautiful bird you may have seen

B

Bodd

Birds with feathers. Not human....

What is you favorite bird you have actually seen.

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20200521_222450_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Most Australian birds were big brash and gobby.

This little wonder is a pleasure to watch

Sponsored Links
Tricky one! I had a fleeting glimpse of a kingfisher along the river near where I live a year or so ago. It was a striking blue.

But you can beat seeing some great tits in your garden.

Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder.

As to favourites...

Seeing a Cassowary in the Daintree rainforest and Puffins in Vestmannaeyjar are probably up there with the best.

Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder.

As to favourites...

Seeing a Cassowary in the Daintree rainforest and Puffins in Vestmannaeyjar are probably up there with the best.

Pics

I did see some hummingbirds once, somewhere in Bahia I think. Cannot really remember, and if I got a photo, it will probably be lost by now.

Tricky one! I had a fleeting glimpse of a kingfisher along the river near where I live a year or so ago. It was a striking blue.

But you can beat seeing some great tits in your garden.

I love our small birds. I could watch them for hours. I have a thing for Sparrows. The are such a beautiful plane Jane...

yeah. My dad was a keen bird watcher, and I got into it a bit as a kid - there was nothing else to do where I grew up! Cannot remember many now though.
I remember going off with him because he saw a heron flying over and knew it landed by a pond. Went over there last year, pond all abandoned, fenced up with private property warnings. Weird. Felt a bit sad seeing that. We had red legged partridges in the garden once.

Not seeing so many small birds at the moment as we seem to have crows, pigeons and magpies everywhere. But a few flitter through, stopping for about 2 seconds before flying for cover.

An owl in flight is a most impressive sight, a great big head with wings. One circled me for a minute or two, very closely, on Greenhow Hill, Yorkshire.

The woodpeckers that have visited my garden only a handful of times in my entire life, so colourful and energetic.

The ravens at the Tower of London; clever little fellows, known to play dead to cause panic amongst tourists!

A very tame homing pigeon that landed in my garden and pestered me. I phoned the RSPB and asked them what to do with it; they said feed it and then it will go on its way; it has come to you because it is tired and hungry on its long journey. A beautiful proud young pigeon it was with metallic coloured plumage and a ring on its little leg. Pigeons get bad press.

Two tiny birds, don't know what they were, that landed on my table outside a cafe on Lindisfarne, a mother and chick; the mother ate out of my hand, taking crumbs to the open-mouthed baby.

These were priceless experiences. Small gifts from God.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two tiny birds, don't know what they were, that landed on my table outside a cafe on Lindisfarne, a mother and chick; the mother ate out of my hand, taking crumbs to the open-mouthed baby.

I hope they weren't migrating...

Pigeons get a bad press. But some lovley colourful breasts.

I did see some hummingbirds once, somewhere in Bahia I think. Cannot really remember, and if I got a photo, it will probably be lost by now.

I saw the odd hummingbird when I visited California, they are not much bigger than a large bumble bee, wings going so fast the whole thing is a blur.

Sponsored Links
Back