The most Beautiful bird you may have seen

Sponsored Links
Too many to list, but this one is one of my faves, Carmine Bee Eater

1280px-Southern_Carmine_Bee-eater_%28Merops_nubicoides%29_%2816732824032%29.jpg

a somewhat surreal moment from a few years back, we had a kingfisher on our bird table, it was such a weird moment I couldn't quite work out what was going on, luckily the camera was close bye or I may have doubted the moment - it just sat there for about 10 minutes looking into the pond, then off it went. Our nearest river/water is about 2 mile away, so no idea why it was there.
kingfisher_2863.JPG

kingfisher_2864.JPG

Sponsored Links
Caught this barn owl in flight, about 3 years ago, so we called him Barney. Used to watch im most evenings checking out the meadow next door. Great way to de-stress after a tough work day.

Barney 6.jpg
Barney a.jpg

And taking a rest.

Barney Resting 1.JPG

Got others of blue tits, coal tits, long tail tits, a greenfinch etc. All from my own garden.

Once saw a Kingfisher diving into a river. It was spectacular, but it was a blink-and-miss-it kinda thing.
Literally gone in a flash.

a somewhat surreal moment from a few years back, we had a kingfisher on our bird table, it was such a weird moment I couldn't quite work out what was going on, luckily the camera was close bye or I may have doubted the moment - it just sat there for about 10 minutes looking into the pond, then off it went. Our nearest river/water is about 2 mile away, so no idea why it was there.
View attachment 193229
View attachment 193230

That's luck... Brilliant

I saw a couple of these birds at the bottom of my garden a few weeks back

goldcrest

41NZzTPI0cL._AC_.jpg

(not a pic taken by me)

I often get these in the garden:

goldfinch -quite common these days (they like niger seed or sunflower hearts)

goldfinch.jpg

Herring gulls here in Blackpool, oh... my bad ... bloody sh*tehawks. Protected species too, can't even shoot the buggers.

Beauty of course is in the eye of the beholder.

As to favourites...

Seeing a Cassowary in the Daintree rainforest and Puffins in Vestmannaeyjar are probably up there with the best.

Puffins, bit of a delicacy in iceland.

Sponsored Links
Back