The most boring country / place you've ever been.

. Bratislava was also very dull after experiencing Prague.

After over 20 trips to Prague (going again next month), we were thinking of trying the Slovak capital. However a Czech said Bratislava was a s*** hole. Apparently Brno is better, will try soon. Prague can seem grey and a bit grimey in some parts, but those Czechs know how to enjoy themselves. Close-run think with Belgium V Czech Rep. over who does the best beer, but at less than £1 pint (much less outside Prague), the C.R. wins hands down.

Where are you in the C. R. ?

Sponsored Links
[quote="masona"?
Las Paphos in Cyprus not sure about the rest of Cyprus though[/quote]

Your kidding me right! Cyprus is one of the best places i've been, apart from the blue skies and crystal clear water, go inland and visit the Roman amphitheatres, go up into the Trudos mountains.

When i was on Lightnings we went out there once a year so the jockies could fire their canons off in the firing range in the Med, on a long weekend, Friday midday until Monday midday (week of days followed by a week of nights) five of us would club together and hire a Fiat 124 and tour the island, beautiful, this was before the Turks invaded, i could easily live there.[/quote]

Rear gunner in a Lightning ? :LOL:
Cyprus always looks best on the way out . :)

Sponsored Links
Hey ALL- I just thought of the 'ULTIMATE'.
Has anyone else been to 'Port Carlisle' ?. (NOT Carlisle-Port Carlisle)

Time wharp place indeed.

Strangways in Britain , used to be terribly boring but now sounds like the place has had a revamp, hhmmmmm, may do a revisit as with the recession
being like it is. ;)

. Bratislava was also very dull after experiencing Prague.

After over 20 trips to Prague (going again next month), we were thinking of trying the Slovak capital. However a Czech said Bratislava was a s*** hole. Apparently Brno is better, will try soon. Prague can seem grey and a bit grimey in some parts, but those Czechs know how to enjoy themselves. Close-run think with Belgium V Czech Rep. over who does the best beer, but at less than £1 pint (much less outside Prague), the C.R. wins hands down.

Where are you in the C. R. ?

We thought Prague was the dogs bo££ocks. What's more, everything stays open until the early hours!

Preston for me.....had to go there a couple of years ago (forced to really) and it was such a depressing place then I even went to the (famous) bus terminus ...............that was when I had to ring the samaritins.....what a boring depressing place

It's more than obvious to me that no one has ever been to Falkirk.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Went to Gray's in Essex years back and I stood there wondering how on earth it came up with such an interesting name for such a ****e place to live...

I used to pick up timber at Blumson timber yard in Barking Creek in east London, I thought it was like going to a wasteland in hell.

I used to pick up timber at Blumson timber yard in Barking Creek in east London, I thought it was like going to a wasteland in hell.

Yes barking creek area was a jumping ground for yrs now been cleaned right up over the last few yrs :eek:

Blumson timber still there at maple wharf.

Seaton Sluice-- up the road from whitley bay.Even the sun never seems to shine there .
Another depressing coastal town . Not quite as bad as Millom though. :LOL:

Your right there Peter, there used to be a Pub in Seaton Sluice that did fabulous fish and chips a few year back and thats about it.
Blyth further up the road again isn't much better either

Sponsored Links
Back