The most boring fixture in the world EVER part 6!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Liverpool vs Chelsea tonight

this could quite possibly be the most boring stalemate ever. The two most boring teams in English football go head-to-head (again)

pass me the ProPlus - ill need it to stay awake

Sponsored Links
Sorry, goes straight over my head. Anything with the word football qualifies as the most boring. The teams are named after places. Yet they are supported by fans that have no connection with the place. But that's cool, because the players themselves don't have anything to do with the area that they are representing. The whole thing seems to be some bizare excuse to let everybody to have punch ups over nothing. It's all just too sureal for me to comprehend.
pass me the ProPlus - ill need it to stay awake
So why watch. I can only assume it's peer pressure.

Glad to hear others of a similar opinion to my own! :LOL:

In some circles, having no knowledge of current affairs in football is met with incredularity and a suspicious raising of the eyebrows. You say "I don't follow any teams... but I do catch the England World Cup games!" yet they look at you as if you have said "I don't follow any teams... but I do enjoy smacking myself in the crotch with this here shovel!"

I even had trouble convincing one chap that I had Sky, but didn't subscribe to Sky Sports... :eek: He asked "But how do you watch the football?"

My company seems to have more cricket fans than football fans, unfortunately I'm not having a lot of luck with that either :LOL: But at least they don't act all gloomy every time their team loses.

the post was a sort of way of illustrating how crap football is (particuarly nowadays), its just all i keep reading & hearing about is this fixture, yet I know that they are the two most negative, boring teams ever.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
In some circles, having no knowledge of current affairs in football is met with incredularity
Tell me about it. I remember an incident at school, when I was asked "what team do you support", I then answered "I don't. Watching football is boring". This little oik then shouts at the whole class "Hey, He must be really thick. He doesn't even know what football team he supports!"

More recently I was accused of being un-patriotic for not being interested in watching England play football against some other country. My answer was, "Well until you watch England play against some other country at tiddlywinks your argument is totally invalid." His reply was that "Ah.. but football is important" :eek: I'm absolutely convinced that most interest in football is purely a product of peer pressure.

One observation I noticed recently, is that fans, nowadays go to football matches wearing the same type of shirts as the players :eek: Why on earth... Do they think they may be called upon to make up the team? I was thinking how amusing it might be, to see a queue of city gents dressed in tutus, just because they're about to see a ballet. It's just as rediculous.

Lee Evans made a similar comment on one of his stand-up shows "what other sport do the fans show up in the same kit as the players? Would you show up at an Olympic swimming competition in a pair of speedos?"
:LOL:

I used to find the "Why don't you support a football team?!" rather grating. However, I have learned there is amusement to be had if you remember the name of an enthusiast's favourite team. A simple fact of life is that true football fanatics almost always support a rubbish team out of loyalty, so saying "Wow, <insert name of team> really took a pasting at the weekend, they're rubbish!" almost always winds them up. :LOL:

AdamW said:
I even had trouble convincing one chap that I had Sky, but didn't subscribe to Sky Sports... :eek: He asked "But how do you watch the football?"

That's nothing, try telling people you don't have a telly!

sounds like a jealous arsenal or man u supporter to me ;)

Matt Gloss said:
the post was a sort of way of illustrating how rubbish football is (particuarly nowadays), its just all i keep reading & hearing about is this fixture, yet I know that they are the two most negative, boring teams ever.
Matt, Just give it up. There's a whole world of other stuff out there to spend your time on. You'll also find that women tend to find the whole macho, one of the boys, football maniac image, a bit boring too. Take up something like horse riding (they like that ;) )

petewood said:
AdamW said:

That's nothing, try telling people you don't have a telly!

YOU DON'T HAVE A TELLY ?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you don't have a telly, how do you watch your Sky digital?!

I was at school with a guy who's family didn't have a TV, so he would read books. Lots of books. In the long run, it turned out to be a good thing: when we got to sixth form he became an instant hit with the ladies who enjoyed his Stephen Fry-like knowledge of poetry and literature. :eek:

I get a similar reaction when I say I don't really like music. I actually find it a bit irritating.

Eddie M said:
I get a similar reaction when I say I don't really like music. I actually find it a bit irritating.
All music?

Sponsored Links
Back