The most boring fixture in the world EVER part 6!!!!!!

TexMex said:
Matt Gloss said:
the post was a sort of way of illustrating how rubbish football is (particuarly nowadays), its just all i keep reading & hearing about is this fixture, yet I know that they are the two most negative, boring teams ever.
Matt, Just give it up. There's a whole world of other stuff out there to spend your time on. You'll also find that women tend to find the whole macho, one of the boys, football maniac image, a bit boring too. Take up something like horse riding (they like that ;) )

a) my name isnt Matt, (Matt & Gloss - this is a DIY forum non?)

b) thats a rather short sighted piece of stereotyping youve dished out there, so in your theory, because I wtch football on the box, im a Burberry cap wearing skinhead who spends his Saturday afternoons on his mobile arranging gang warfare ???? I watch all sports, listen to all music (except hip-hop and all that crap) and have an open opinion on most things.....unlike yourself.

c) women also find the whole tweed trousers, four eyes and tank top thing quite broing too. I guiess you spend your Sundays washing your Ford Mondeo and your wifes People Carrier, with matching initials on your number plates.

see how annoying stereotyping is ????

get with it man!

Sponsored Links
Matt Gloss said:
my name isnt Matt, (Matt & Gloss - this is a DIY forum non?)
Sorry if the missunderstanding upsets you. I have a couple of friends called Matt. Very nice chaps. I have often been called Tex for short, it's never offended me. (BTW Tex is short for Texas)

Matt Gloss said:
b) thats a rather short sighted piece of stereotyping youve dished out there, so in your theory, because I wtch football on the box, im a Burberry cap wearing skinhead who spends his Saturday afternoons on his mobile arranging gang warfare ???? I watch all sports, listen to all music (except hip-hop and all that rubbish) and have an open opinion on most things.....unlike yourself.
No you must be an extremely well educated, well adjusted individual. Anyone that spends their spare time watching something that bores them to distraction, is obviously very committed (or should be :) )

Matt Gloss said:
c) women also find the whole tweed trousers, four eyes and tank top thing quite broing too. I guiess you spend your Sundays washing your Ford Mondeo and your wifes People Carrier, with matching initials on your number plates.
Well if you think that, implying many women don't like football, translates as "only scum do". I think I understand where you're coming from. :rolleyes:

What really made me LOL an LOL....was this
"I was at school with a guy who's family didn't have a TV, so he would read books. Lots of books. In the long run, it turned out to be a good thing: when we got to sixth form he became an instant hit with the ladies who enjoyed his Stephen Fry-like knowledge of poetry and literature"

sounds to me that must of been the Gayiest school EVER ,or a made up one that Hugh Grant went too in a Typicall faux Yank idea of English schools where the swot gets the girl ,an the ugly duckling drops her glasses an does her hair to be a babe ....LOL
In 99% of schools that freak would have been forced to change schools after he was released from hospital after the bullies had finished with him ...
In reality those weird kids were beaten silly ,an now are IT techs , Traffic wardens ,Policemen ,and office middle management ...lol

Sponsored Links
Moz said:
What really made me LOL an LOL....was this
"I was at school with a guy who's family didn't have a TV, so he would read books. Lots of books. In the long run, it turned out to be a good thing: when we got to sixth form he became an instant hit with the ladies who enjoyed his Stephen Fry-like knowledge of poetry and literature"

sounds to me that must of been the Gayiest school EVER ,or a made up one that Hugh Grant went too in a Typicall faux Yank idea of English schools where the swot gets the girl ,an the ugly duckling drops her glasses an does her hair to be a babe ....LOL
In 99% of schools that freak would have been forced to change schools after he was released from hospital after the bullies had finished with him ...
In reality those weird kids were beaten silly ,an now are IT techs , Traffic wardens ,Policemen ,and office middle management ...lol
:LOL: :LOL:

Eddie M said:
kendor said:
Eddie M said:
I get a similar reaction when I say I don't really like music. I actually find it a bit irritating.
All music?

Pretty much, yep.
But I take it you don't feel compelled to come home and listen to vagner for a couple of hours. I used to follow F1 quite keenly, until it all got a bit boring. I simply stopped watching. Seemed quite obvious to me. :confused:

TexMex said:
Eddie M said:
kendor said:
Eddie M said:
I get a similar reaction when I say I don't really like music. I actually find it a bit irritating.
All music?

Pretty much, yep.
But I take it you don't feel compelled to come home and listen to vagner for a couple of hours. I used to follow F1 quite keenly, until it all got a bit boring. I simply stopped watching. Seemed quite obvious to me. :confused:

The radio comes on automatically in the car, but I've no idea what station it is tuned to, nor have I ever tuned a car radio's presets. Also, I never notice if the radio has been switched off. My wife has the radio on all the time in the house, but to me it's just sonic wallpaper.

I think I can honestly say I never actually listen to music. I know, weird. Oh, I don't really enjoy watching sport either. Playing is a different matter, but watching, no. Finally to answer the question, no I feel no compunction to listen to anything, I'm more than happy with silence.

Now say it's a boring fixture! after sunday's match! :D

kendor said:

For those of us who don't watch football, and can't be bothered to check, maybe you'd like to enlighten us. (not that we're particularly bothered :D)

Eddie M said:
kendor said:

For those of us who don't watch football, and can't be bothered to check, maybe you'd like to enlighten us. (not that we're particularly bothered :D)
not much point if you are not a fan but if you like football you'll know what i mean.

Moz said:
In reality those weird kids were beaten silly
If your experience of school life left you with such a poor impression, you have my sympathy. I suppose I should feel privileged to have gone to a school where we were able to develop as individuals without such peer oppression. Obviously I only have experience of my own school so perhaps it was one of the 1%. Then again, perhaps you are stereotyping school life, based on your own experience. Was it one of those inner city problem schools? It sounds like something out of "Please sir".

We had two kids in our class without a TV. One was into electronics in a big way, the other was into car mechanics. Both were regarded as pretty cool. We also had another lad that was into poetry in a big way. As it happened he turned out to be gay, but he never had any problems with bullies. Mind you, he was over 6ft tall, and built like a brick khazi. In fact, he was a popular lad all round. Girls just liked his company and lads knew that his recommendation went a long way with the ladies.

I suppose it was a different era. Lads at our school were more interested in getting laid than having bundles.

Since Matt Gloss seems to have some empathy with your view, it could also explain why he feels compelled to follow a sport that he is not actually finding fulfilling. I just thank my lucky stars that I was never subjected to such overwhelming peer pressure.

Moz said:

We have been without a telly for some time, and both my sons read books. One of them plays football for two different teams as well as basketball and comes home from school quite happy and without any injuries.
The other plays electric guitar, has a girlfriend and is in a 'gang', he is 12 and he hates sport but enjoys school.

The only time I recall either of them being in hospital was once for trapping a finger in a door at home and once for leaning back so far on a chair at school that he fell off backwards and gashed his eye.

Moz I don't think my lads are freaks but from what you have said here and earlier I think that the people who live around you sound like brainless intolerant thugs. Don't think that it's like that everywhere!

Moz said:
sounds to me that must of been the Gayiest school EVER

Yes, obviously. Haven't you read that Government report on how the introduction of non-TV watching pupils instantly turns every other pupil gay? :LOL: However, I'm not sure we could quite claim the superlative title of gayest school EVER... big boy.

Thankfully... darling, my school was in the top 1% (it came in the top 10 of the Times listings every year I was there), so even our bullies were relatively intelligent. What is the point in just beating someone up and putting him in hospital? There are far more imaginitive things to do, you gorgeous boy you: dangle someone out of a window by the ankles, hang them on a coat peg, hoist their trousers up the flag pole, that sort of thing... ducky.

Moz, aren't you an IT tech... sailor? :LOL:

In fact, that guy is now earning over £100K+bonuses in the city. He's 25... Ooooh, chase me.

AdamW said:
Moz said:
sounds to me that must of been the Gayiest school EVER

Yes, obviously. Haven't you read that Government report on how the introduction of non-TV watching pupils instantly turns every other pupil gay? :LOL: However, I'm not sure we could quite claim the superlative title of gayest school EVER... big boy.

Thankfully... darling, my school was in the top 1% (it came in the top 10 of the Times listings every year I was there), so even our bullies were relatively intelligent. What is the point in just beating someone up and putting him in hospital? There are far more imaginitive things to do, you gorgeous boy you: dangle someone out of a window by the ankles, hang them on a coat peg, hoist their trousers up the flag pole, that sort of thing... ducky.

Moz, aren't you an IT tech... sailor? :LOL:

In fact, that guy is now earning over £100K+bonuses in the city. He's 25... Ooooh, chase me.
you're not one of those judges out of Monty Python are you? with your gavel ;)

I was actually in my school football team. My rebel instincts refused to do anything for the school outside school time, so I refused to play at weekends. Since I was a pretty good player, the head then had the bright idea of giving me Saturday morning detentions, (instead of my usual Monday evenings). For my punishment I had to play. He actually used to store them up deliberately. Like the time I burned down the stables, was good enough to force me to play the entire seasons fixtures.

Sponsored Links
Back