The new HIV?

Again being told what we want to hear , given how most vaccine trails fail I won't hold my breath .......
Its true most headlines gives a positive slant, I don't see any deliberate 'being told what we want to hear'.

90% of vaccines don't work, but then never before has the whole world been focused on getting a vaccine for a single virus. It's most likely a range of vaccines and treatments will be used in the battle against the virus -not one single solution.

Sponsored Links
Not quite.
Some polls suggest at least a quarter of the UK population will shun the muzzel.

That is roughly what I am seeing, on my rare trips on public transport where masks have been compulsory for a few weeks now.

Yes they are.

I said rules, because businesses are applying them as such. Guidelines are for individuals. In any case it's a trivial argument used as a straw man to deflect -not very honest debating from you.

The majority of people are social distancing.

You've carefully ignored my important point that every industry and social sector has detailed rules in place for social distancing and infection control......or are you claiming that isn't true, that life is 100% back to normal.

I'm not debating I'm just saying what I see every day.

Yes social distancing are just guidelines just because companies are applying them doesn't stop them from being guidelines (it also adds where practicable too), I work where there are around 1000 people in one building and I can assure you social distancing is not taking place

Fyi I was simply making you aware social distancing is a guideline , this is fact , I wasn't sure if you knew this....

Sponsored Links
Exactly.
Normal human contact is not mundane and must not stop, otherwise we will become robots like some population in east Asia where they live in slavery, social and mental.
Am pretty sure you've got the wrong end of the stick! :LOL:

So you reckon this " new normal" will go on for ever then because of one disease?

Possibly, if it keeps on killing people. And you must consider that if this "new normal" goes on long enough, it will just become "normal". I've only been back at work for two months, and I'm not having to consciously stop myself offering to shake someone's hand anymore.......

Do you reckon people will bother when the cases and deaths drop to nearly zero and it stops getting reported as headline news and becomes a piece to fill a few seconds of airtime?

See above; if the measures go on long enough (which might only be months, rather than years or decades), all of this will just be "normal".
Then there's the strawman you've thrown up: I said "if [the virus outcome] didn't change". Of course, if the virus stops being a threat, we should go back to the way we were. Which is different to actually being allowed to go back to the way we were.

Finally, in the absence of an effective naturally - developed immune response, vaccine, and treatment, how will cases go to zero?

Finally, in the absence of an effective naturally - developed immune response, vaccine, and treatment, how will cases go to zero
Yes, that's the key point.

Many people are now claiming it's over, but without evidence the virus has become weaker or there is a cure, there is nothing to say it won't flare up again.

Social distancing = guidelines?

Why are they threatening fines then???

Have you got a source for that?

I know they are threatening fines for not wearing a mask in shops but that's going to be impossible to police anyway , the police promptly said that as soon as they heard about it

cant see a 2nd ‘wave’ . lets be honest the first ‘wave’ instigated and generously spread by china was over exaggerated hugely and turned out to be a dismal failure from their perspective.
they’ve fiddled the mortality rates here to cover the embarrassment of falling for the chinese hystericals . special facilities here seem to have been a total waste of money.
they are intending ‘vaccinating’ the most vulnerable with rushed through chemicals that won’t have had the time or research needed. that seems to me to be the most foolhardy approach , a safety buffer and a guinea pig all in one . “they died because they were vulnerable, not because of the vaccine”
the pandemic is over and we should go back to normal. all imports of non essential goods and most importantly people from china should be stopped , as that’s the most obvious source of a 2nd ‘wave’. what the rest of the world needs to look out for is a fake 2nd wave of covid and theatrical hysteria from china , which will mean it’s on it’s way.

Last edited by a moderator:
cant see a 2nd ‘wave’ . lets be honest the first ‘wave’ instigated and generously spread by china was over exaggerated hugely and turned out to be a dismal failure from their perspective.
they’ve fiddled the mortality rates here to cover the embarrassment of falling for the chinese hystericals . special facilities here seem to have been a total waste of money.
they are intending ‘vaccinating’ the most vulnerable with rushed through chemicals that won’t have had the time or research needed. that seems to me to be the most foolhardy approach , a safety buffer and a guinea pig all in one . “they died because they were vulnerable, not because of the vaccine”
the pandemic is over and we should go back to normal. all imports of non essential goods and most importantly people from china should be stopped , as that’s the most obvious source of a 2nd ‘wave’. what the rest of the world needs to look out for is a fake 2nd wave of covid and theatrical hysteria from china , which will mean it’s on it’s way.
Standing ovation for you!
Never a post on this forum made more sense and was more direct.

Did you notice they suddenly managed to find thousands of hospital beds seemingly out of thin air and every politician who was asked where they came from , ignored the question!

Clearly they were stockpiled for an outbreak so they have had a virus plan for years and yet they still managed to f*** it up

Did you notice they suddenly managed to find thousands of hospital beds seemingly out of thin air and every politician who was asked where they came from , ignored the question!
They certainly seem to have no problems with the actual beds...

An aunt recently needed to get an NHS one at home, and 2 days after the request a brand shiny new one still in it's wrapper arrived.
Along with some other equipment, all on a free loan. Previously these were on a fairly long waiting list.

Now either there has been a build up in equipment which is not at present needed, or given the demographic/locations that this virus is apparently hitting worst then the demand is down anyway!

Did you notice they suddenly managed to find thousands of hospital beds seemingly out of thin air
No.I noticed them building Nightingale hospitals,cancelling operations to convert OP Theatres etc into Covid Wards.You think it a conspiracy then? The govt has secret beds stashed away?

Sponsored Links
Back