The new HIV?

I wasn't talking about the existing hospitals, I'm talking about the new nightingale hospitals where they managed to set up thousands and thousands of extra bed spaces seemingly overnight , where did they get those beds from ? They didn't take them out of the existing hospitals now did they? And don't even try to tell me they must of manufacturered them there and then , there can only be a few companies who make NHS beds and there's no way they could of tooled up to manufacture that amount in such a short space of time , not including sourcing the raw materials required to make them

I don't know about the rest of the equipment, but there was a glimpse of them working long hours of overtime, to make the beds at a factory shown on TV news.

Sponsored Links
Was reading last night that because all viruses tend to mutate, this one is mutating to one that is far more easily spread at the moment. Doesn't mean it's any more deadly though, just that it's spreading faster/easier.
It's quite possible that this has already happened a few times since those early cases found in the sewage to what we've just gone though?
mutation - rendering vaccination pointless. like the flu jab . and you still get flu . people will still form a queue for it though .

Sponsored Links
No, its is not

infection is still in the community.....thats the most obvious source, people like you thinking we can all go back to normal with no evidence to back it.
Why dont you move to America, you are sounding like a proper redneck
I don’t know what rednecks sound like ?
which bit is ‘redneck’?
I see the bigger picture. if 100 million die or would have died the world would be a better place. stop putting so much importance on your own existence . baby.

mutation - rendering vaccination pointless. like the flu jab . and you still get flu . people will still form a queue for it though .

It still works out cheaper to have a flu vaccination which may only provide 60-70% iummunisation as the costs of not immunising will outweigh the cost of delivering the vaccination.

Its more of lowering the abolsute numbers through prevention.

We might all be healthier thanks to this virus. A long-term wheelchair user shared tips on staying safe. During 20 years of using a wheelchair, he learned how important keeping hands, face, and wheelchair clean is to prevent getting colds and flu. He went from constant colds and flu to almost none, just down to hygiene, which most people are now doing too.

In theory, this is enough to stop these viruses infecting a population. Maybe if we all keep up with the hand washing, cleaning shares items, handles, shopping trolleys etc. and be a bit more careful about coughing and sputtering over everybody around us, there will be few work days lost to sickness, and fewer flu deaths every year.

Flu costs the British economy 1.35 billion

That's a nice cash boost to the UK - if people keep washing their hands! There's a reason why that grubby work mate you have is always catching a cold ... he's just dirty and needs to wash a bit more often!

I don’t know what rednecks sound like ?
which bit is ‘redneck’?
I see the bigger picture. if 100 million die or would have died the world would be a better place. stop putting so much importance on your own existence . baby.

Would that 100m include your wife and kids?

We might all be healthier thanks to this virus. A long-term wheelchair user shared tips on staying safe. During 20 years of using a wheelchair, he learned how important keeping hands, face, and wheelchair clean is to prevent getting colds and flu. He went from constant colds and flu to almost none, just down to hygiene, which most people are now doing too.

In theory, this is enough to stop these viruses infecting a population. Maybe if we all keep up with the hand washing, cleaning shares items, handles, shopping trolleys etc. and be a bit more careful about coughing and sputtering over everybody around us, there will be few work days lost to sickness, and fewer flu deaths every year.

That's a nice cash boost to the UK - if people keep washing their hands!
Heard a radio program a while back where a caller said he had been training for this virus most of his life...

When asked why, he replied I've got OCD!

Has is been said what is happening when a person is tested positive but is asymptomatic?

Is it that the person has only a small infection or is the person's body fighting off the virus or is it, for some reason, present but just having no effect?

As for the above about cleanliness and OCD, contact with germs etc. is necessary to be able to combat them - so is it that reducing the amount is the main factor? You might think this is the same thing but it is not really as no contact through life will leave a person very susceptible. Perhaps the slightly less clean are doing better.

The person in the wheelchair might now believe he won't get a cold so he doesn't get stressed about it when he has the first slight symptoms.

As for the above about cleanliness and OCD, contact with germs etc. is necessary to be able to combat them - so is it that reducing the amount is the main factor? You might think this is the same thing but it is not really as no contact through life will leave a person very susceptible. Perhaps the slightly less clean are doing better.

True, they say that many of the minor health problems so many suffer from, is due to lack of exposure to germs - due to people being too clean and clinical. Modern babies are born and live in a very sterile environment, so do not build up any resistance.

True, they say that many of the minor health problems so many suffer from, is due to lack of exposure to germs - due to people being too clean and clinical. Modern babies are born and live in a very sterile environment, so do not build up any resistance.
The hygiene hypothesis, its pretty complicated and not proven. It mostly seems to apply, if at all, mostly when you're a baby. It isn't a good way to live your life as an adult.

Sponsored Links
Back