The NHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brightness said:
Julie, have you noticed how Joe has to turn every thread or argument into something about paedophiles or sexual assault?

Seems a bit odd to me and I wonder if he has a sexual fetish about the theme :rolleyes:

Many of the replies he makes to threads and posts here are sexually related......even when it's inappropriate :rolleyes:

I agree with you......and it's possible that there may be some sexual issues together with a psychological dislike for women (hence the disrespect and continual references to female 'furry' bits).
He's just a wannabe doctor. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
.........And maybe his girlfriend won't let him play doctors and nurses ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe the best and most productive option is to ignore him as by engaging with him it'll be reinforcing his delusions of grandeur..........it's a shame he is to be pitied ;) ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
joe-90 said:
I said that people cannot work without authority. With that authority comes payment and benefits like workers compo and public liability insurance.

This is too much of a sweeping statement to be true. You can work without authority and without payment but still be covered by insurance.
If I am away from work and someone works an extra 10 minutes after 5pm to finish a job, I have not given my authority for him to be there and he will usually not bother putting down 10 mins on his timesheet so he will not get paid for it but the insurance is still in place as he is an employee carrying out the business of the firm, and I have checked this on my insurance policy. Public liability is always in force whenever the public are on the premises, regardless of whether staff are doing paid hours or not.
I'm sure that this is just the same set-up as in a hospital ward as well as many other places of employment.

hermes said:
joe-90 said:
I said that people cannot work without authority. With that authority comes payment and benefits like workers compo and public liability insurance.

This is too much of a sweeping statement to be true. You can work without authority and without payment but still be covered by insurance.
If I am away from work and someone works an extra 10 minutes after 5pm to finish a job, I have not given my authority for him to be there and he will usually not bother putting down 10 mins on his timesheet so he will not get paid for it but the insurance is still in place as he is an employee carrying out the business of the firm, and I have checked this on my insurance policy. Public liability is always in force whenever the public are on the premises, regardless of whether staff are doing paid hours or not.
I'm sure that this is just the same set-up as in a hospital ward as well as many other places of employment.

Hermes.......ask him for the evidence........he gets very very 'touchy' when you ask for that! :LOL: :LOL:

But he never can supply any evidence ever to support his statements......not even the sexual ones!! ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
JulieL/B said:
joe-90 said:
Answer the question Julie. I've got you by the short and curlies - and you know it.

Would the BMA back him - or call the police?

joe

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.........li'l Joey is losing the plot......he's chopping and changing the goal posts again - now we've moved from laboratory staff to Dr's dealing with ladies genitalia :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll answer your questions when you put up the evidence that says I can't work without being paid in emergency situations......it's you that claimed I can't

So..........once again li'l Joey........evidence please?

C'mon you know you can find it if you look hard enough......perhaps you could do a google search?.....as according to you, you get all of your info from the internet

but......as said on numerous occasions......and still yet to be proved wrong

He won't

He can't

Cause it doesn't exist

Therefore.......I win and li'l Joey is a loser......nah, nah, nah, nah nah!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Julie. You are losing the argument.

I am a qualified first aider. If someone collapsed in a hospital car park even I would be able to at least check the ABC until real medical help arrived (which may take more than 4 minutes).

That isn't the issue.

The issue is that workers are not allowed to work unofficially whenever it suits them as you have implied. Now answer the question I posed you please.

joe

hermes said:
joe-90 said:

We are talking about someone working many hours per week past the end of their working day on a permanent basis. Check that with your insurance company.

Brightness said:
Julie, have you noticed how Joe has to turn every thread or argument into something about paedophiles or sexual assault?

Seems a bit odd to me and I wonder if he has a sexual fetish about the theme :rolleyes:

You are the one putting 'fetish' in the forum.

If you go back and look at what I wrote you will find that I have not suggested that the doctor has done anything wrong, only that the patient thinks he is too zealous.

Now who is the one with the real hang-up? It's YOU Brightness.

I set up a scenario that has beaten Julie all ends up. Make it female patient inspecting a male elbow if you like - but it doesn't have the same impact does it?

Shame on you Brightness for letting your mind wander where it should not.

joe

hmmm. can never admit theyre wrong, constantly changes the subject, unable to take on valid points people make, gets rude and insulting when backed into a corner, squirms this way and that to get out of a question they cant answer that makes them look a fool and always brings sex into the equation somewhere along the line...........who am i talking about.........a typical teenager or someone else????????? :LOL:

Thermo said:
hmmm. can never admit theyre wrong, constantly changes the subject, unable to take on valid points people make, gets rude and insulting when backed into a corner, squirms this way and that to get out of a question they cant answer that makes them look a fool and always brings sex into the equation somewhere along the line...........who am i talking about.........a typical teenager or someone else????????? :LOL:

Let me guess:

It's that copper that retired with a bad back who now lays paving slabs for a living.

Am I close?

joe

Joe, there is a subtle difference between what people seem to be talking about here and the situations that you use as examples.

As far as your example of the doctor being over zealous... if an alleged sexual assault has taken place, the police would investigate whether the doctor in question was on paid duty or unpaid duty.

If a staff member already at work stays on to complete tasks which they are involved in then that is a totally different scenario to the one you have given about the doctor staying on to examine the girl for his own pleasure.

It seems you are thinking of staff staying on to abuse their positions?
That is a totally different disciplinary issue.

If someone was staying on to attend to an emergency or to complete paperwork or chase up results after a shift then you cant compare it to your assault scenario.

It is also different to some one coming back onto duty say on days off to respond to a major incident.

The police do not need to 'sign on' as you call it. They have the same powers whether on or off paid duty, 24/7.
Though if they get involved in an incident whilst off duty, then yes, it counts as paid working time.

Incidently, if they are involved in an incident that is not pre planned then the first half hour of working on after a shift is for free!

It seems that you are not discussing the same sort of situations here as others are joe?

The example given initially was of a nurse continuing on doing her job beyond her shift ending .
Had there been funding for extra shifts then she could have been paid.
The nurse was not there inappropriately, there was nothing sinister about her actions.

Are you saying that if the shift ended at 1800hrs but at 17.55 hours, the nurse was inserting a needle for a drip, that at 18.01hours, she /he would have to down tools and would now be trespassing?

Or if in theatre complications meant an op lasting longer that staff should just walk out?

Or if whilst walking back from path lab, the witching hour arrived, would results have to be dropped whilst said nurse runs out of building to avoid being done for civil trespass?

I just think it is a shame that nurses have to do this. I also think it is a shame that equipment has to be provided by charity fund raising and not be provided automatically.

My mother in law was a nurse and saw massive changes over many years.
There were always cuts and staff shortages and whilst she says that the staff made a rod for their own backs by doing it, they more often than not worked over and did more than they should have done to help each other out and care for people.

The answer would perhaps have been to go home and the work just not get done, to force the hand of government?

Like with all emergency services and care providers...

Mother in law says that being a nurse and actually caring about people she could not do that.

Though if they get involved in an incident whilst off duty, then yes, it counts as paid working time

not always toffee, many will get involved and never claim any money for it, bit like many service workers.

yes, been there, especially RTA's. (now RTC's) Been going out with pals and had to stop while assistance is being given, sometimes never making the meal or picture or whatever because then comes the inevitable paper work .....

same with a doctor pal, so if you have a car full of cops/ docs and nurses and a fireman!!! you need to blindfold them if you want to get to an event on time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back