The only thing that stops a good guy with a gun...

C

calorific

is a bad guy with a gun.

Strange they can't see this inverse logic.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The NRA are stuck in a rut... they're sugggesting a quick draw contest in true wild west style... let 'em bare arms, but they don't need nukes or flamethrowers or assault rifles....

If you want to know the problem with the NRA it's summed up by the bumper stickers you see in certain parts of the States.

im_the_nra_and_i_vote-thumb.jpg

vote.gif

i couldn't believe the imbecile they put forward with a motionless face suggesting the solution was to arm the adults in a school rather than reduce the gun ownership from around 100% yes thats a gun for every man woman and child to perhaps a sensible 5-10% for animal based activities

Even if they managed to out law gun ownership, it will be too late now, there must be millions of guns already owned, some people will simply not part with them, or give them up! and those bent on killing innocent victims may continue to kill by obtaining guns illegally,like they do in Britain despite strict rules on possession of guns.

I am afraid the answer to their problem isn't in gun control, but you can say in arming good guys and being vigilant, far too late for a gun ban! people will just hide some away!

What else can you do in times of desperation when school kids can walk in with a semi and start shooting teachers and other young children.

I bet the mother who was shot by her own son would have also voted NRA, I am afraid the changes won't happen too soon, and not before more carnage is unleashed.

is a bad guy with a gun.

Or how about statistically if you arm all the teachers, the bad guys will be severely outnumbered, even if half the teachers hide under their desk piddling themselves.

But no, let's keep ignoring the sad but harsh reality of mass existing gun ownership, Mexican border that would allow massive amounts of gun smuggling, and instead live in a nice fairy tale land were guns can be banned in the US.

An idea just sprang to my mind, how about making an entry to any school compound only possible through a special security gate, where an electric furnace heating coils are mounted such that everyone has to pass through them, anyone carrying any metallic object bigger than a coin will only find blobs of molten metal in their pockets instead of knives and guns!

That will sort the bad boys from the good ones! :rolleyes:

Serious question. How is it that other countries having legitimate gun ownership, such as Switzerland, don't seem to have this problem?

Perhaps something to do with the American psyche?

is a bad guy with a gun.

Or how about statistically if you arm all the teachers, the bad guys will be severely outnumbered, even if half the teachers hide under their desk piddling themselves.
of course the logical conclusion to this would be that the "bad guys" would be driven away from the schools into the wider world and this would lead to a call to arm other public servants...postmen with armalites anf dustmen with AK47's

But no, let's keep ignoring the sad but harsh reality of mass existing gun ownership, Mexican border that would allow massive amounts of gun smuggling, and instead live in a nice fairy tale land were guns can be banned in the US.

do ordinary members of the American public patrol the boarders? or form mililtas as was originally concieved?
America could ban guns in private ownership IF they had the political will but as it has been shown they are quite happy to see their kids shot in the name of their "rights". I can't see much changing.

America could ban guns in private ownership IF they had the political will but as it has been shown they are quite happy to see their kids shot in the name of their "rights". I can't see much changing.

Quite so. I'm sure we shall see more such disasters and they'll still continue to go their own stupid way.

As I suggested, though, gun control isn't the answer. They'll get their beloved guns somewhere, probably over the Mexican border as has been suggested.

No, the problem lies much deeper. I don't think an entire army of psychologists could sort their psychological problems!

Sponsored Links
Back