The standard of literacy in the uk(?) as judged by forum posts.....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
radar,sonar,laser,scuba,taser & spam, be great if we always wrote them out in full

I don't think it's too bad on here to be honest.

Facebook is the worst for it, I'm pretty poor at grammar, i don't believe it was particularly well taught at school, and I believe it's only got worse, but I'm far from the worst culprit though.

I think it doesn't matter a great deal as long as the wording is written well enough to understand.

But when you see council estate English, when they spell life as lyf, it's just super retarded.

It’s a skill that is becoming less and less valuable. Though some personality types find it hard to see beyond errors. Precise language is important for certain job functions, however even lawyers have wide scope for drafting styles. With certain parts of society trying to change the use of pronouns, it’s getting harder to define correct usage.

Nowadays the only time I use a pen to write, is in a ships log, which legally must be written in ink (sometimes).

In 5-10 years most people will be fully transitioned to AI assisted writing and reading.

Your initial gripe was ‘literacy’ or the lack of it here. Contriving an argument on a topic you spent time reading about then copying and pasting endless pages of other peoples statistics on said subject makes you no more literate than anybody else here.
Literacy and comprehension is partly demonstrated by researching a subject, understanding it, and 'constructing' an argument, with supportive articles, in defence, or against, the subject matter.
What did you think literacy was? :rolleyes:

It is a snipe at myself for saying that something wasn't racist but then refusing to get drawn into a pedants brawl with himself over the definition of "racist".

Don't be so silly! How can my comments be remotely construed to imagine they were directed at you being racist?
I cannot even remember accusing you of being racist.
For sure, I asked you several times to explain how many races you think there was in 'the human race', and there was a deafening silence from you.
But I never accused you of being racist.

The reason I asked that question was because you were about to claim that racism can only exist between different races. There is only one human race.
Now if you want to have that same old argument all over yet again, I did say I'm happy to do that, and I'm still content to do so.
Now I'll ask again: How many races are there in the one human race?

Last edited:
27DBBDD2-E1D1-4D0F-B011-5A8FD19A4740.jpeg

I agree, it's terrible. Shouldn't the 'uk' be in capital letters (UK) and should there be a space between 'uk' and the first bracket?

You have to be careful with criticism. I'm not perfect but I try to be as accurate as possible. A few years back somebody picked me up on a typo on here. I only had to go back 10 or 12 posts to find one of his own.

Sponsored Links
Back