The truth about 'Road Pricing'...

Would there be any area in which you would not consider yourself expert?

Sponsored Links
Stulz said:
The experience of other nations does not bear that out, it is easily possible for each ID card to have embedded in it a unique ID key, a 512 bit encrypted Hexadecimal computer generated one. Whilst I agree that if man can make, then man can break most types of security system. If a central computer generates a new key for each card issued and records this data, encryprypted digitally on the card, and on the central database, then that card can be proved to be genuine or false very simply.
What experience?.. NO other country either has or is proposing to bring in an ID system backed up by an NIR - fact!...Even the chinese have said that a similar system was against basic human rights!

And no other nation uses the security you are suggesting...and if they did, can you tell me how such a system will work in 'real time'?...

You have to compare 'like with like'..and that is what most advocates of an ID card system try and avoid doing!

Regarding terrorism. It is actually rare that Muslim Terrorists use fake ID's, this is why so many actually get caught.
yeah - after the act... :LOL:

Due to the Official Sectrets Act I cannot say too much here.
Now I know you're taking the p*ss...Look out for the....

troll_2.jpg

Ellal, I was not implying they had a full digital ID system, if my post gave that impression I apologise it was unintential. What i meant was that in countries that operate an ID card system that is backed up with proper computer databases this system has been used as an example for lower incidence of certain types of crime. Of course it would be wrong to say it would erradicate it completly, that would be silly, but even a 50% reduction would be a massive boon to the nation.

With regards to speaking of terrorists and how the suspects, supporters etc are monitored and hindered, I cannot say due to the Official Secrets Act. I am not extracting the urine as you think, I am simply being careful in what I say. I have bills to pay, and have no desire to be disciplined, dismissed or prosecuted myself for a comment that may be taken wrong by the wrong people.

megawatt said:
Would there be any area in which you would not consider yourself expert?

Plenty, all I am giving is my opinion except when I am hinting or stating information I have personally read or been told. I do not expect you to agree with me, as your sole aim on these forums would appear to be to fester conflict.

Sponsored Links
At the moment I still don't trust the ID card system, let say there's one bad apple that whoever can access our ID card private and confidential information on the data so how can we trust them for our details to remains confidential?

What if your information details are wrong, you don't know because all you see is an ID card and what happens if your ID card is stolen?

Who is going to have access to the ID card, the government, M15, M16 and so on?

Will the government be able to cancel or change the details behind your back, what’s stopping them?

Example, my tax code has been altered 3 time this year because of a error made by the inland revenue, got a letter this morning and my tax code is still wrong, they haven't read my tax form correctly, can you see where I'm coming from?

Stulz wrote:
I do not expect you to agree with me, as your sole aim on these forums would appear to be to fester conflict

Not at all I just don't, as you expect, agree with much of what you have to say and you don't react well to people who don't share your point of view.

What i meant was that in countries that operate an ID card system that is backed up with proper computer databases this system has been used as an example for lower incidence of certain types of crime.

Where on Earth are you getting all this from?

Please provide references to substantiate this outrageous claim.

Masona: Spot on. All doubters of ID cards are asking for is visibility and control. Just ask someone who has an erroneous CCJ lodged against them and cannot get a mortgage or credit cards how remarkably difficult it is to get the error corrected ... Imagine what it would be like if someone stole your identity and had your ID on a legitimate card.

We need to walk before we run with this and it needs to follow from sound legislation not simply run through by Parliament on the back of scare tactics.

MW

Stulz said:
Ellal, I was not implying they had a full digital ID system, if my post gave that impression I apologise it was unintential. What i meant was that in countries that operate an ID card system that is backed up with proper computer databases this system has been used as an example for lower incidence of certain types of crime. Of course it would be wrong to say it would erradicate it completly, that would be silly, but even a 50% reduction would be a massive boon to the nation.
Most have no digital ID system at all...it's just a case of matching the photo with the face, after a relatively cursory check on the facts required to issue the card in the first place!

And not much different than is proposed for our system in fact..apparently the documents we rely on for our current ID checks are not secure enough. So what documents will we have to produce to get the new 'gold standard' ID? - you've guessed it, the 'unsecure ones'... :LOL:

But your 'unintentional' impression is what our government also likes to try and bamboozle the public with...and when anyone points out their errors, they just wheel out the old 'nothing to hide.... ' mantra!

And which type of crime is lower, and why is that related to ID cards?..details!

joe-90 said:
The government, if it wanted to, could just about wipe out illegal immigration at the stroke of a pen. The illegal immigrants are here to work the black economy. Go behind the scenes at just about any big hotel or restaurant in London and you'll find them.

If the government introduced a team of on-the-spot inspectors to check the credentials of every employee in industries known to use illegal labour, and fined employers £20,000 for every illegal immigrant working illegally - then the practice would cease overnight.

However, with an estimated one million illegals working the black economy, you would suddenly find that you've got a million people on the streets with no money and nowhere to live. So crime would simply explode!

Not only that, the work the illegals were doing would no longer get done and the place would just about grind to a halt.

The bottom line is that the government actually WANTS illegal immigrants in the system as they keep wages suppressed and they contribute their labour to our economy without adding to inflation which suits the government just fine and dandy.
I'm surprised to find that I agree 100% with 100% of this. It's also clearly and succinctly written.

PS Is it because I'm actually joe-90?

No, it's because you're me ... I admit it ... I AM SOFTUS.

Good rumour to start anyhow :)

Softus said:
I'm surprised to find that I agree 100% with 100% of this. It's also clearly and succinctly written.

Actually quite the contrary, because its well written it can,t be you................ ;).............. :LOL:

Softus said:

Or maybe softus = joe-90 = bullsh*t?... ;)

I see you're too cowardly to make that statement without a question mark. :rolleyes:

Well I think Softus is.....Balenza.............>>>>>>>>>>>> Legs it to a very difficult place to find.

megawatt said:
Not at all I just don't, as you expect, agree with much of what you have to say and you don't react well to people who don't share your point of view.

I actually don't give a rats ass if you agree or disagree with me, but as yet all you have done is make silly comments. Ellal and a few others do not feel comfortable with the ID card system, but they justify their objections with thought out comments, perhaps when you do this you and I may not have these exchanges..just a thought.
megawatt said:
What i meant was that in countries that operate an ID card system that is backed up with proper computer databases this system has been used as an example for lower incidence of certain types of crime.

Where on Earth are you getting all this from?

Please provide references to substantiate this outrageous claim.

Please explain why you feel this is an outrageous claim? The NEW passport system that has been introduced is the first step along the road to a truly integrated system in the Industrialised world and for nearly all countries outside that to0, as most have adopted this standard. This IS reducing the ability of forgers to create counterfeit passports and other travel documents reliant on that database. We, in the UK, only use it for the new passport scheme as yet. If you reduce the amount of fake passports, then you reduce the crime that is reliant on the use of these passports for certain activities, such as opening dodgy bank accounts.

Obviously this is not an overnight solution, it will take years for all the old type passports to go out of circulation, and until that happens there will still be scope for forgers. Further, some nations have chose not to introduce the new measures, or not yet in some cases, and thus they allow forgers scope of operations.

As I said before, no one measure is in itself a solution, and I am not saying that the current proposals on the table are the best we can get or even acceptable to me, let alone you, but unless this is discussed and workable solutions found that satisfy the security measures, do not infringe upon our civil liberties beyond what we find acceptable and is able to demonstrate visible gains within a set period of time, and the legislation used to create the system is itself time limited and then revued by the public, by referendum, after a set period of time, then the situation in this country will not improve, it will sink further into the mire.

Softus said:
I see you're too cowardly to make that statement without a question mark. :rolleyes:

Or maybe softus = joe-90 = bullsh*t... ;)

or more gramatically correct (just for you)..

Or softus = joe-90 = bullsh*t... ;)

Sponsored Links
Back