The Worst Smell

Sponsored Links
the smell of death. :eek:

i have worked in two houses where the occupant has died.

the first was the result of old age and the second was the result of a fire.

the lady who died of old age died in her bed. the mattress was stained with the bodily fluid leakages usually associated with a corpse.

and it smelled abhorrent. a smell that made you gag instantly and not easy to forget.

the second house simply stunk of charred material, with no one thing distinguishable from the other. but the marks on the wall, where the victim of the fire had tried to escape, were both horrifying and extremely saddening.

another smell-by-association i shall not forget.

your sense of smell, is the one sense that most strongly evokes memories.

remember when you were younger, catching a whiff of perfume, and being reminded of a previous night's conquest........:cool:

Sponsored Links
The worst assault on my nasal passages was while working in a block of retirement flats.
Our firm had contracts to do 2 idential jobs in 2 of the flats so they sent me and another installer. We had a look in the first flat (occupant was at relatives) and it was immediately obvious the occupant was aheavy smoker cos it smelt like an ashtray. I wasn#t bothered realy - I smoke myself and once the windows were open it was fine. The other guy said he couldn't stand it and would take the other job on the next floor, so I said fine ;)
he came back down a while later, looking green around the gills :) saying how it stank of **** and ****e in the other place :LOL:
I went up, just out of curiosity and OMG!!! :eek: there was horrors I'd only seen on documentaries and it smelt of rotting rubbish, human wate and disease :confused: the bloke who was working there said he couldn't eat his dinner at night or drink a beer without throwing up.
We both got "dirt money" in the amount of £100 for those jobs :rolleyes:

Some of the houses I go into stink like s**t.

And last week I had a lampost head where the ballast had melted, I couldn't get the burnt smell off my hands for days!

I remember watching a bloke pull an smelly old ****ty pan connector out of a pipe :LOL: he was wearing gauntlets ;) and it came off with POP!
He looked round and smiled...unaware of the small peice of poo on his chin :eek:

Spent two hours in a food packing hall where dried parmesan cheese powder was being packed and dust extraction wasn't up to the task.

Having a hot shower bought out the full effect.

Lap top case still pongs

I had a lampost head where the ballast had melted, I couldn't get the burnt smell off my hands for days!

Same with me and burnt cable/accessories. Eat my sarnies...what's that funny taste... :eek:

Without doubt, putrified shark..it should be classified as a chemical weapon!!

Yep, burnt electrical accessories are horrid. Coming in only second to a freshly removed and subsequently split bovine colon.

First smelled this as an apprentice while working at an abattoir :mad: :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back