Thermal Store advice

Tony - There is no heating coil. The 350lt of water sloshing around the store is the very same water pumped through the boiler, so coil absorbtion rates are irrelevant. Personally, and for the very reasons you've stated, I wouldn't want an indirect boiler circuit. (Apart from the solar coil).

Yes, on stores where the boiler heats the store directly the the coil adsorbtion is not relevant.

But many would not want the boiler directly heating the store water! See Dan's cylinder!

Tony

Sponsored Links
It's an RGI joke we have running in the CC - he is referring t the wiring centre under my boiler.

I was experimenting with varying flow temperatures and could do it with the version of my boiler's PCB. A subsequent upgrade of either the PCB or my control regime (haven't figured out which yet) meant it became irrelevant.

That was the sensor altering rig I made up (remember we were discussing the wiring in the CC). Subsequently found a secret parameter in the boilers PCB software that did it all at a touch of a button :LOL:

:cool:

I dont remember you sharing that feature with us.

Perhaps I have forgotten? My doctor did say that I was suffering from something beginning with "A"... But I have forgotten what the word was !

Sponsored Links
Tony - There is no heating coil. The 350lt of water sloshing around the store is the very same water pumped through the boiler, so coil absorbtion rates are irrelevant. Personally, and for the very reasons you've stated, I wouldn't want an indirect boiler circuit. (Apart from the solar coil).

Yes, on stores where the boiler heats the store directly the the coil adsorbtion is not relevant.

But many would not want the boiler directly heating the store water! See Dan's cylinder!

Tony

My store is the same as Dan's.... but with a few more pipes... and a little smaller - I think.

I remember all that!

Its the "secret" parameter that I cannot remember!

Or maybe I have been secretly programmed to forget it before the ides of march?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back