Thermostat Help (again)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted new thermostat etc and now when I put the heating on the theremostat control is wrong way round. ie, if i turn temp down on room stat heating comes on and if I turn temperature on the stat up it turns heating off.
Have I just connected wires the wrong way round ????
Might seem a silly question I know, but want to make sure it isn't something more sinister before disconnecting and switching them round.

Sponsored Links
yes they are the wrong way round, either that or you have a frost stat

Thanks Breezer, you're a star as usual.

What's a Frost stat ???

a frost stat is a bit like a room stat except that it detects how cold it is and works the opposite way to a room stat.

For example you could put one in a box outside and wire into your boiler controls so that if it snows / very cold out side it will tell your heating to come on regardless of what your timer says.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Breezer. it's definitely a Thermostat so I must have the wires the wrong way round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back