thermostat recommendations (trade pls)heatmiser or honeywell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My thermostat has packed up and I've been told that they generally will last max up to 5 years and am looking for one that will hopefully do that.

I'm looking at a Heatmiser PRT-WTS kit, but have gathered that Honeywell's are meant to be pretty good.

My current one is a Siemens which has pretty good reviews, but not sure about that. My plumber has recommended the Drayton RF601, but haven't seen many good opinions on that, I think the easy set up is why he's suggesting it, as in his opinion they're unlikely to last about 5 years and if anything goes wrong it's easier for us to fix, plus obviously less time will be spent setting it up.

Any recommendations or comments on the models listed? Ideally I'd like a person in the trade to let me know which ones they would think is the best and which models they have to fix with the least (preferably with model no's if pos).

Many thanks,

ac1dbrn

Sponsored Links
Honeywell CM927, Honeywell are the dogs kahunas, Heatmiser are good too and look quite snazzy but are hideous to program, Honeywell are much more intuitive

Sponsored Links
I'm not in the trade, but as a user I'd second (or should that be third?!) the recommendation for the CM927 (or wired CM907 equivalent).

Mathew

Awesome guys, that's really helpful. Will go have a look for it now. THANKS!

I had a Heatmiser PRT HWTS,saved me a fortune in gas bills as the wife couldnt understand it so she couldnt keep turning it up.Got rid of it in the last couple of weeks & gone back to normal lifestyle programmer & seimens room stat.The other downside of the Heatmiser is you can only programme it in 30 minute blocks.Lifes a bit quieter now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back