"They are trying to steal this election"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What?

Somebody tell him the whole point of an election is to make a choice.

He wants to go to the Supreme Court to get vote counting stopped because he doesn't want votes to be found at 4am and added to the list.

What is he scared of?

Sponsored Links
Not only that but he doesn't seem to understand it's not "X factor" where lines close at midnight
Counting votes, legally cast, takes time and always has.

Deciding on some random time that you've won (just because you're ahead at the time) isn't how elections work.

The usa has the most outdated system of a modern democracy, people queue for hours, polling stations are few and far, gerrymandering seems rife.

Sponsored Links
As I write this, Biden shows as 238 and Trump as 213

So Biden is ahead.

270 Electoral College points are needed to become President, and there are 447 out of 538 electoral votes called

(the numbers don't seem to add up, perhaps they are still being updated)
edit: now shows 451 out of 538 electoral college votes called

The method of electing a President is quite curious. The Electoral College does not reflect the number of people who voted for a candidate.

however, Trump has done better than the pre-election polls predicted, meaning that he has won more of those that looked close, such as Florida, and has won with better numbers than predicted in his "solid" states.

If this pattern is followed in Pennsylvania, he will presumably win.

Last edited:
I think I agree with JohnD.. Trump is looking to be able to hold on, as best as I can work out. That alone is friggin amazing.. clearly he has a connection with his people.

The whole issue of the "stop the voting count" is due to what they call absent voters and what we call postal votes.

Biden seems to have stronger support among the postal voters according to the exit polls. But then how do the exit poll know how absent voters voted?

All seems a bit messed up, particularly when you look at a map. An alien would say Trump has it in the bag, based on the red vs blue on the map. But then an Alien would probably get deported.

Its a battle of the hackers not voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/mar/26/kill-chain-hbo-election-hacking-documentary

"The Cyber War on America’s Elections, nothing more than an obsolete computer. And these machines’ vulnerabilities to hacking are “terrifying”, Sarah Teale, co-director along with Simon Ardizzone and Russell Michaels, told the Guardian. America’s current election infrastructure is, as Kill Chain explains, a prescription for disaster – an outdated, willfully naive system no more prepared for attack than four years ago."

The electoral college (for each state) does not have to give all their votes to the candidate with the most votes which is the number shown so far.

They normally do - except Maine and Nebraska who share them proportionately to the votes cast.
All or some of the other states could decide to do it this way, thus skewing the results.

Either way, they do not do it until December.

Very confused reporting, last night they said whoever won Florida is the next resident. That doesn't seem to be the case.

If it drags onto December it will get very messy, needs to be sorted soon imo.

Didn't we have a similar problem a few years ago trying to get Gordon Brown out of number 10. :whistle:

If it drags onto December it will get very messy, needs to be sorted soon imo.

The US Constitution makes an allowance for the time it takes to count the votes, write them up with a quill, and send the results to Washington using a horse and cart.

The States are supposed to provide the "final" results by December 8.

They have plenty of time.

The winner is not scheduled to be inaugurated until January 20, 2021.
That's quite normal. It's the way they like to do things.

similar problem

I'm not aware we have ever had a "similar problem" where it took over a month to count the votes and establish the total.

Very confused reporting, last night they said whoever won Florida is the next resident
What I heard is if Biden had won Florida, he would've been a certain winner.

If Trump had won Florida, he still had to go and win a fair number of the swing states.

I wonder what will happen if Donald refuses to accept the result........:cautious::cautious::cautious:
Then it should be put to global vote.. oh wait how many in Russia n China.. maybe not.

What I heard is if Biden had won Florida, he would've been a certain winner.

If Trump had won Florida, he still had to go and win a fair number of the swing states.

Sorry they've just clarified, since '96, whoever has won Florida has won the election, a pattern that may now be broken of course.
no matter mate, we still got the fish.(y)

Sponsored Links
Back