"They are trying to steal this election"

The page I have up currently reports

Joe Biden, Democrat, 248

Donald Trump, Republican, 214

270 to win
457 out of 538 electoral votes called
As of Nov 4, 2020 2:20 pm ET
Latest US election results

I don't know why it doesn't match the BBC. Is it more up to date?

New York time is now 14:25 so these figures should be accurate

Sponsored Links
FT just said:

"Joe Biden wins Wisconsin, flipping swing state in blow to Donald Trump

Joe Biden has won Wisconsin, putting one of the most important remaining Midwestern swing states in the Democratic candidate’s column and dealing a significant blow to Donald Trump’s re-election chances.

Mr Trump won Wisconsin's 10 electoral college votes four years ago by less than 23,000 votes, one of three victories in the industrial north that punctured the Democrats’ “blue wall” of reliable states. Both Michigan and Pennsylvania, the other two, remain too close to call."

What?

He wants to go to the Supreme Court to get vote counting stopped because he doesn't want votes to be found at 4am and added to the list.

It's even worse than that. he's trailing in Arizona and Nevada, and wants those votes NOT TO STOP! Only he can make it up. A WH source has been quoted as saying that it's not the team, it's just Trump, shouting out the title of this thread over and over!

The electoral college (for each state) does not have to give all their votes to the candidate with the most votes which is the number shown so far.

They normally do - except Maine and Nebraska who share them proportionately to the votes cast.
All or some of the other states could decide to do it this way, thus skewing the results.

Either way, they do not do it until December.

Not doing so would break state law. Nebraska and Maine excepted.

Sponsored Links
You might both be right, but I heard an American commentator say that while it is the normal accepted practice and thought to be the law, it is not actually written down anywhere.

I.e. it would have to go to (supreme) court for decision.

They found 400k lost ballots in Arizona apparently and have taken it away from biden pending further counting.

Their appears to also be claims of fraudulent voting in a couple of other states.

It looks like this election will go onto December while people demand recounts etc

sxturbo seems to believe a lot of pub talk. Bless.

Woah hold it no nothing, I just repeated what i have seen/ heard.

I've made no statement as to what I believe is true or not.

So go and pick on someone else

Sponsored Links
Back