They were all in the same boat

But just as a postscript, consider this: it’s only the bottom dregs of society that feel the loss of advantage/ privilege first. That’s where the racists first emanate from.

So you finally admit that Enoch Powell was NOT racist?

Sponsored Links
He actively encouraged migrants from the Asian subcontinent to come to Britain to make up the chronic shortfall of doctors etc, within the NHS.

It does not determine whether he is a racist or not. I thought we'd had this chat Squark or are you so keen to be made a fool of again?

And anyone who has experienced it will know that no reason is needed or given, no warnings are given. It just happens, I assume because some have fiends (Freudian slip ;)) in high places. :rolleyes:

My guess is that you were removed because you made a racist remark on the forum directed at another member. No form of racism is acceptable so you were removed. By your reckoning you must be from the dregs of society.

Sponsored Links
He actively encouraged migrants from the Asian subcontinent to come to Britain to make up the chronic shortfall of doctors etc, within the NHS.

It does not determine whether he is a racist or not. I thought we'd had this chat Squark or are you so keen to be made a fool of again?

Talking of fools.....Morning Nosey. So what is your point?

Talking of fools.....Morning Nosey. So what is your point?
Being a racist makes someone a racist.

Do you want your erse kicking again? Thought you'd be sick of it by now.

Ha ha. I think that's why I don't dislike you because you Do have a sense of humour (warped - but a sense of humour none the less).

My point was that RNPantsonfire suggests that racism starts from the dregs of society. Powell was hardly a dreg.

But just as a postscript, consider this: it’s only the bottom dregs of society that feel the loss of advantage/ privilege first. That’s where the racists first emanate from.

Remind me of when/where I gave an opinion on whether Enoch Powell was considered a racist.
Don't you get tired of these silly allegations.

And anyone who has experienced it will know that no reason is needed or given, no warnings are given. It just happens, I assume because some have fiends (Freudian slip ;)) in high places. :rolleyes:

My guess is that you were removed because you made a racist remark on the forum directed at another member. No form of racism is acceptable so you were removed. By your reckoning you must be from the dregs of society.
Yet another baseless allegation. :roll
So find the remark which you imagine existed. :rolleyes:

Better still, get back to the topic of the thread, if you dare

My point was that RNPantsonfire suggests that racism starts from the dregs of society. Powell was hardly a dreg.
Enoch was a politician, whether you consider politicians as dregs of society, is up to you, and me.
However, we know from experience that with politicians access to media, publicity, etc, they'll exploit any and every opportunity to garner support.
Weren't we just the other day talking about the Australian incident, and likening it to the Farage gospel. So it's a safe bet that although the politicians themselves may not be dregs, they'll certainly appear to adopt the dregs' cause if they think it'll enhance their support.

So your supposition is well and truly busted!
But I have enjoyed the discourse, especially as your supposition was so easily busted!

Ahh, I didn't realise Enoch was the only MP making decisions back then and generally running the country (I must have been asleep) ;) ;)

Ahh, I didn't realise Enoch was the only MP making decisions back then and generally running the country (I must have been asleep) ;) ;)
So it may come as a surprise to those unfamiliar with Powell’s career that during his 1960-63 stint as Health Minister in the Macmillan government he encouraged immigration from the Asian subcontinent. In 1963 he invited Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi doctors to the UK to cover a shortfall in the NHS: 18,000 arrived..........
But it is interesting that not only did Powell encourage Indian doctors to come, they were paid a bursary and actively sought by the British government.

“It is simplistic to think of Powell as an out-and-out racist. He wasn’t. In the late 1960s his opinion was formed by mass unskilled immigration to the UK, but in the early 1960s he encouraged it because he realised the UK had a desperate shortage of skilled labour.”

Powell’s war experiences in India made it the place he turned to for help. “We know Powell had a high regard for Indian society and that Indian medical schools trained doctors based on the British system, so he knew he could find a relatively good source of well-qualified doctors,”

What is your point Jockstrap? :confused:

A boatload of desperate people on their way to what they hope will be a new start in a new country, most of them with nothing to their name.
A gang of muslims throw 12 Christians overboard to their certain deaths.
It would have been more, but the remaining christians linked arms to avoid sharing the same fate.
These were actually en route to an overwhelmingly Christian country (seat of the Christian church), yet they want to kill all the Christians on the boat with them.
Why?? They've just escaped a desperate situation,, they're still in peril, they're on the way to a new life (they hope). BUT THEY WANT TO KILL CHRISTIANS on the boat.
If there had been any Hindus, Buddhists etc. on the boat would they have wanted to kill them too, I believe they probably would.
THAT was the topic of the thread and it makes me wonder if it's a good idea allowing muslims to settle in countries where they are not already the accepted establishment.
:rolleyes:

The 4 Stages of Islamic Conquest..

STAGE 1: INFILTRATION
Muslims begin moving to non-Muslim countries in increasing numbers and the beginning of cultural conflicts are visible, though often subtle.

STAGE 2: CONSOLIDATION OF POWER
Muslim immigrants and host country converts continue demands for accommodation in employment, education, social services, financing and courts.

STAGE 3: OPEN WAR w/ LEADERSHIP & CULTURE
Open violence to impose Sharia law and associated cultural restrictions; rejection of host government, subjugation of other religions and customs.

STAGE 4: Totalitarian ISLAMIC “THEOCRACY”
Islam becomes the only religious-political-judicial-cultural ideology.

o Sharia becomes the “law of the land.
o All non-Islamic human rights cancelled.
o Enslavement and genocide of non-Muslim population.
o Freedom of speech and the press eradicated.
o All religions other than Islam are forbidden and destroyed.
o Destruction of all evidence of non-Muslim culture, populations and symbols in country (Buddhas, houses of worship, art, etc).

A boatload of desperate people on their way to what they hope will be a new start in a new country, most of them with nothing to their name.
A gang of muslims throw 12 Christians overboard to their certain deaths.
It would have been more, but the remaining christians linked arms to avoid sharing the same fate.
These were actually en route to an overwhelmingly Christian country (seat of the Christian church),
Yes, facts according to the Italians, so far. Actual BBC report reproduced below, for comparison.
yet they want to kill all the Christians on the boat with them.
Why?? They've just escaped a desperate situation,, they're still in peril, they're on the way to a new life (they hope). BUT THEY WANT TO KILL CHRISTIANS on the boat.
If there had been any Hindus, Buddhists etc. on the boat would they have wanted to kill them too, I believe they probably would.
Yes a reasonable assumption so far based on the evidence.
THAT was the topic of the thread and it makes me wonder if it's a good idea allowing muslims to settle in countries where they are not already the accepted establishment.
:rolleyes:
Now this is where your islamophobia becomes apparent. You've based your rhetorical question on the actions of a group of about twelve Muslims who are on an overcrowded boat.
Sure, throwing others overboard is a callous and cowardly act, but we don't know the details of how it came about and they will be punished for it.
But we don't assume that all US policeman are racists because there may be a few that are.
We don't assume that all the Met police are liars because there may be a few that are.
The 15 Muslim migrants involved in the row with Christians were arrested in the Sicilian city of Palermo and charged with "multiple aggravated murder motivated by religious hate".

The suspects, who are from the Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mali and Guinea, were among 105 migrants travelling in an inflatable boat that left Libya on Tuesday.

Eyewitnesses told police how the altercation resulted in Christians being thrown overboard, and that some of the survivors had formed human chains to avoid a similar fate.

Sponsored Links
Back