THIRD TEST -a bad decision?

Although this is good news for England, I can't help but feel sorry for the Aussies. They've played so well this time, they deserve to win this match.

Cricket, after all, is supposed to be a gentleman's game.

They were out playing england in the 3rd test yes but were out played themselves in the 1st and 2nd

I agree, so it should be 2 - 1 to us.

But why, the aussies didn't win - the game was called off so no one knows what would of happened and who would of won, the fact that a called of game becomes a draw is down to the rule makers so technically its 2.5 - 0.5

24 hours ago, it was a dead cert draw because of the weather forecast. But it we had a full days cricket I fancied England to win, because the Aussies had to post a target that thy felt England couldn't reach - the higher the target the less overs they would have remaining to bowl England out.

However after this mornings collapse by England the Aussies would have romped it if they had a full days play. If that had happened who knows who would have won the Ashes?

Sponsored Links
Talk about not understand test cricket :rolleyes:

If england had batted first, chances are they would have posted a much higher score in the 1st innings. A wicket deterioates over the test, benefitting the bowler as the game goes on.

I saw nothing wrong with the aussie captains choice to bat .They did what was required. You cannot make a judgement based on English weather forecasts, come on now. He played for a result, I applaud that. The only bad decisions were caused by technology. Funny how this is all coming out now the footy is coming. Mind hot spot , or should I say 'not spot' and snicko won't be needed. Good job I say.

Maybe technology could be used to complete games that are affected by the weather? We could have virtual overs based on how the software would predict both teams performance against each other both on the bat and on the ball. We could watch the virtual game and await the result?

Sponsored Links
Clarke made the right decision, won toss opted to bat, (as they have proved they cannot chase), this put Aussies in good position to win test, unfortunately it rained in Manchester (wow).
If England had batted first, I expect that it would still have rained and declared a draw! But I have physic feeling if England had batted first, that just maybe Aussies follow on, weather stays good and Aussies lose!
and that's cricket!

Thanks to all for your comments and views. It is nice to get other people's opinions.

Although this is good news for England, I can't help but feel sorry for the Aussies.
YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING!

Like the way they felt sorry England during all those years of pomme bashing.

You think Australia have never won a test match on technicalities.

Never has revenge tasted so sweet. Mind you, better make the most of it because Cricket Australia will come back at us with bells on. :p

I agree, so it should be 2 - 1 to us.

But why, the aussies didn't win - the game was called off so no one knows what would of happened and who would of won

No, of course they didn't win but if it hadn't been for the weather I am in no doubt that they would. There's no way England would have gained that many runs... sadly.

I've heard it all now. Can you imagine the Aussies at the MCG hoping England win a game because they've lost the first two and everybody's feeling a bit sorry for them. Can you see the Aussie commentators saying how England were robbed and the series should really be 2:1 now with everything to play for. Err, no. What they'd be saying is; shame we didnlt have the chance to knock off the last 270 to win. It'll just have to be four nil then.

And all the ****** about umpire's call and DRS. That only seems to be an issue when the Aussies are on the receiving end. England have had plenty of umpire's calls go against them. Where was the idiot Rudd when Trott was given out LBW to a ball he clearly hit. Where was he when Agar was given not out and went on to score 90...odd? Where was he when Smith was given not out and went on to score 80...odd? Stop bleating and get back and bowl the ball.

There's no way England would have gained that many runs... sadly.
In the second test, second innings, England were 31-3 then went on to post 333-5 at close of play for that day. Root and Bell were still in and both went on to make big scores that day, So who knows what may have happened.
The facts of the matter is, the wonderful British weather could have had an effect on the result, but I still think regardless of that a draw was going to be the final outcome.

I've heard it all now. Can you imagine the Aussies at the MCG hoping England win a game because they've lost the first two and everybody's feeling a bit sorry for them. Can you see the Aussie commentators saying how England were robbed and the series should really be 2:1 now with everything to play for. Err, no. What they'd be saying is; shame we didnlt have the chance to knock off the last 270 to win. It'll just have to be four nil then.

But I'm not an Aussie; I'm an honourable Yorkshireman. The Aussies deserved to win the Manchester test.

Bloody weather.

How long before some one puts a roof over a cricket pitch,its happened with lawn tennis,football,rugby.

Sponsored Links
Back