this is a refer to post (just an idea)

B

breezer

1)We apreciate your question, but if you want to know how much something costs, may i suggest that you get several quotes from trades people.

2) We are sorry you have a problem with your ......... but this is a diy forum and as such we can not give legal advice.

3) Try posting in the appliance section

anyone else think of any thing to add?

Sponsored Links
sorry perhaps i should expalin (it was obvious to me)

how often do we get a post on here that says "nothing" i.e no relevant information about the question, like

"my boiler does"....... what boiler

then there is "how much should i pay for..............."

i am saying that between most of us regulars we quite often give the same reply, (just a question of who does it first)

eg.

q) how do i wire two switches so that my lights work

A) have a look in the for refernce section

I was thinking if we could have a post that has the most common replies we could then say see line 4 here

and when the "here" is clicked on it links to the generic answer page.

we already do similar with the one in the plumbing section

I was just thinking this as an idea, and wondered what you all thought

Sponsored Links
Yes, Breezer, generally I agree.

There are many people who seem to prefer posting a similar question, rather than searching the site for previous answers.

However, with number 2 in your original post, I feel that most people have an opinion on a subject or maybe a useful nugget of info. Remember the "I've had my house burgled and they've nicked the service fuse" post? Everyone chipped in there and some useful info was gleaned all round.

So, I don't think not offering advice (legal or otherwise) is a good idea. Of course, our posts stay on line and remain a useful source of reference to people who DO use the search system, so I think generally it is a good thing (sorry Ban, AGAIN!!) that opinions are offered and advice given. It can be good reference later on.

Back