thorn olympic boiler

namsag, we dont use myson pumps anymore. i dont think we can even order them.

unless you mean the silver heads that we are supposed to use for combis and the like. i just split a grunfos myself :LOL:

not sure what you mean by the plumbing jobs either.

Sponsored Links
nickso . All your job times for services and breakdowns fitting rads/cylinders etc etc where worked out from years of time and motion studies on every aspect of the job.
In the old days we where allowed 5 mins to clean a fitting and solder it, 6 mins for doing a set in pipework 14 mins for setting up ladders , set time for emptying a system time for filling it, time for dressing and hanging a rads absolutley everything related to gas had a time to it even 5.4 mins per mile for driving the van 4 mins if your own car. And time for bus/walk. I kid you not hose over the shoulder and tool roll under arm and off you walked to jobs.
But when plumbing cover came in they just put the basic CH breakdown time onto it with no study of how long job took and time spent sourcing parts as nothing was held at NPC.
Argument with accountants was how could they say how money they where making when they didn`t know how much time was being spent/wasted on each job, It was a right pain for first couple of years and we wanted a proper job time on it

i see.

the job times are of course nonsense now. we are not even allowed to raise useful job codes on the terminal as they dont trust us to do it responsibly. we have to phone ucad after getting permission from the tsm.
plenty of us just do the work and take the hit on performance as we cant be arsed speaking to the cretins in the office anymore. i dont even answer my phone to anyone but my boss and other engs.

Sponsored Links

unless you mean the silver heads that we are supposed to use for combis and the like. i just split a grunfos myself :LOL:

ya do know ya can order just a grunfos head :LOL: gc 555561 from memory ;)

ya do know ya can order just a grunfos head :LOL: gc 555561 from memory ;)

christ they kept that a secret.

ill have a looky tomorrow. :D

but i shouldnt be patronized for not knowing anything about boilers or how they work.

Excuse me for pointing this out, but a few posts ago you were planning on installing a combination boiler plus all of the pipework. Just out of interest, exactly how did you see this plan working out?

i wasnt going to do it myself, my husband was.
I wouldnt attempt something like that, as i dont have a clue

so when is the new boiler going in or do you want another quote :LOL:

thank you for the offer....
it should be getting fitted in the next few weeks hopefully.
The company that is doing it has ordered the parts and apartently they will take 5-10 working days.
when they arrive, we can arrange an installaion date

I wish I had seen this post earlier. I bet I could have fixed it.
I have one of these myself and plan on keeping it.

The parts that go wrong are still available.

But would it have been worth going from Pakistan to Cleveland?

I am sure that I could have fixed it too had it been in London!

The time comes when its better to replace some of these old boilers and a breakdown is the best time.

Tony

my father is fixing a thorn floor standing boiler at the mo, think it is the built in clocks gone funny? not seen the job tho.

we could give you a quote fr a new boiler if you like if it is close to hartlepool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back