Three port valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a three-zone system, one HW, one radiator CH, and one zone underfloor heating (ground floor). The HW and CH are controlled by a 3-way valve, the UFH by a separate 2-way valve. It's all working fine, though was only installed a week or two ago.

My question is, what position is the 3-way valve in when there is no CH or HW demand from the controller?

I've just started running the UFH with the HW and CH turned off at the controller, and I _think_ (from feeling some of the pipes) that some of the radiators are coming on even though they're supposed to be off. I'm not certain though as it takes some time to cool down... So really trying to work out if this is a plumbing problem (3-way valve) or an electrical problem (wiring centre) before I phone the appropriate person!

Hope that all makes sense! Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

Sponsored Links
the 3 port could be in any position depending on what was last called for hw or heating.

should have been installed with 3 zone valves not a mid position valve as a mid position valve is always open on at least one side.
get the installer back to retify his mistake!!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

My question is, what position is the 3-way valve in when there is no CH or HW demand from the controller?

That would be all power removed then :rolleyes: With the exception of hot water off from the clock of course :oops:

go read how a y plan 3 port valve works.
the grey wire will hold the valve in last position of what ever was last calling for heat.

don't come back till you have read how they work.

go read how a y plan 3 port valve works.
the grey wire will hold the valve in last position of what ever was last calling for heat.

don't come back till you have read how they work.

Tell him Seco :LOL: ;)

bl**dy hard work sometimes
stupid.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back