THUGS beat up the police

Thermo said:
From that clip it looked like the cozzer provoked the situation a little by pulling out his magic wand in front of the gutless scum.

trouble is you are only looking at whats going on, you dont hear whats being said. The officer may well have been reacting to verbal threats. Believe me when they start spewing forth from someone through clenched teeth, you know whats coming.

But surely common sense should have told him to walk away from half a dozen p****d up blokes in that situation?

would be nice, but you wear the uniform, youre expected by the public to intervene, especially on a town centre street at night. Its also about the example they set. If they stand by and let a brawl go on what then?

You almost see the conditioning set in, attack is the best form of defence, but they just bent over and took all they got

I have to say i agree with you their Zampa. Its not that easy though. I learnt the hard way when to call in help first and when you went in you finished it there and then. One whack and they go down. may sound a bit hard, but if you look at the publics perception, what looks worse, a copper breaking up a fight having to use force, hitting the guy once, stopping the fight, cuffing him and calming it all down, or having to hit the bloke lots of times with a stick to stop it and ending up as a mass of wriggling bodies sprawling all around the floor........didnt always work though!

Meanwhile.....back to the point..

I know what you mean Thermo, about not hearing what is said... and in the heat oof the moment the coxxer had to make a pretty quick decision, the scumbag could have said to him something on the lines of 'if you dont ---- off i'll do you'..and to be honest the guy reacted in a way a lot of people would..face confrontation with confrontation, but surely his reation wasnt 'text book policing'?...dont get me wrong im really not saying he had it coming but up against 6 or so he should have weighed things up a bit sooner..
would be nice, but you wear the uniform, youre expected by the public to intervene, especially on a town centre street at night. Its also about the example they set. If they stand by and let a brawl go on what then?

I know...damned if you do....damned if you dont.

Softlad wrote:

Infamy, infamy...

:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah back to the point....makes a refreshing change! :D

In some ways its text book, he responds to the scumbags verbal and non verbal gestures by ramping up the show of force by drawing the baton and putting a bit of distance between him and the guy. Trouble is he has become focused on that one guy whose the agressor. Later on in the fight you see them dancing around trying to wrestle the baton off of each other and thats all they concentrate on. In that situation i would have asked for help before any action was taken (but not always easy) like i said i learnt the hard way. If they want to fight then ill stand back and then pick up the pieces or let them fight a dog and a few more coppers first. Going back to point about the baton he should have been reigning any sort of blows on that bloke as soon as he took hold of it, kicks etc to distract him away from it. having said that its a LOT easier in the cold light of day to stand back and say that!

Damned if you do and damned if you dont pretty much sums it up. When the M1 plane disaster took place the first copper on the scene drew up in his car on a bridge above the scene. Now he knew it was a big incident and he couldnt deal with it on his own. He locked his car doors and got on the radio and co-ordinated all the emergency services in. Some bystanders were trying to get him out of the car as they thought he should have been out trying to save people. At best he may have saved one or two, but by sitting back and calling in help he saved a lot more. he got a commendation for that.

Thermo said:
Would you please tell me who I abused?

oh here we go again. i didnt do anything wrong, im not in the wrong, the mods have got it in for me.....yawn
I was just asking a question, Thermo, and as it was not of you, nobody will notice if you don't read it.

Sponsored Links
Funny you mentioned about letting a dog at them...I was at a commendation ceremony on Friday and they served one on a police dog who was killed 'in the line of duty' the dog had suffered a blow from a scythe but still found it in him to go after the bloke who did it and hold him till the police had him...

Seeing his handler receive it on his behalf brough a massive lump to my throat, the guy was choked.

Moz said:
baldy01
I have just wasted my time reading ALL this thread to see you openly goading a guy here an failed horribly an sent packing with a smacked a**e .......1/10 for effort ..lol

I was bored, whats your excuse? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back