Tidying lighting circuit.

Sponsored Links
Yes. The first picture is a mess and needs sorting out

The other two are perfectly OK.

But you already know that. Is there some point to your post?

Is there a missing red sleeve from one of the blacks in the bottom 2 pics?

I think he was showing before and after shots....

Good to see someone else uses the J501 JB's - can't be lost, but do have cord restraint.

Sponsored Links

I think he was showing before and after shots....

Good to see someone else uses the J501 JB's - can't be lost, but do have cord restraint.

Clairvoyance is not my speciality.

The live loops are a bit "banjo Stringed" for me. Would have put a sweep on them as you never know if you need to reterminate sometime in the future.

Not sure if white insulation tape is really right, ok for just identifying the switch line temporary but brown would be better.

I shall add red and brown sleeving to my shopping list. Was in the corner of the loft with my head stuck in the angle, white tape in my pocket, hence the white.

Cheers

you can still get it, and you can still get red tape that would be just as good!

Just for discussion sake should we advocate sleeving that switch line RED?

If we follow the red book it states that AC power circuits, including lights must be identified as brown.

You can only use red now for ELV, control circuits and others ( what others may be)

Benway don't go and buy RED waste of time, if your going to buy sleeve buy Brown

No need to do that as that comes under retro, but as the switch lines didn't seem to be marked originally, otherwise he would have put the sleeve back on, he should sleeve them, Brown to the new regs if he is working to that.

I know that if you have old red sleeve on the van use it, common sense, but Benway said shopping list and just advised him not to buy Red.

Would you use Green then for earth, I still have about half a roll of that knocking about !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back