Tie Rod End Length Query

Joined
7 Dec 2018
Messages
674
Reaction score
62
Country
United Kingdom
I found that my son's Corsa limited edition had a rattling noise which I've narrowed down to the drivers side tie rod end which had a really loose ball joint. The length of the tie rod end is 112mm so I'm thinking if I get a new one of the same length I should need to get the tracking done?
 
Too much guess work and luck needed to get it right - if you get it wrong the car might not drive right and scrub tyres out. Replace the joint but get the wheel alignment checked and adjusted afterwards.

With outer joints, what I’ve seen done in the past is people just backing off the lock nut, unscrewing the joint and screwing a new one on, up to the lock nut and then tightening it. It’ll be close, but never close enough to be spot on.
 
Back
Top