tiger loop not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my oil run out last week now been filled but tiger loop will not fill
have tried bleeding from pump but still no joy checked on oil line filter oil flowing past filter which is next to tank.
could the line be blocked or is there some way of drawing the oil though

please help

Sponsored Links
If the oil line refuses to bleed, we use a syringe to pull it through......sometimes nothing else works!
John :)

hi would I syringe from pump nipple or from line below tiger loop

thanks

Check oil filters in the line they may be blocked due to the run-out and sludge! if these are OK then as already suggested use a suction pump to pull up the oil ;)

Sponsored Links
If you can get hold of a syringe, then attach it to the line that goes into the suction end of the pump.
The pump should take care of the rest, but as suggested do check any filters / water traps first.
John :)

Unless there is a blockage in the fuel line, a faulty oil pump (or no bypass screw) the tigerloop unless fooked should prime on its own.
I have never needed to use a pump except on the GOK's.

I had a hell of a time today trying to get a Tigerloop to pull from a top entry tank my suction pump decided to become an "Ex" suction pump so in the end I obtained a quantity of oil into a container -(lifted from the tank) I put the end of the suction flexi hose into this container and put an empty container under the now dissed feed from the Tiger - Ran the Burner & Bingo it filled in seconds a quick reconnect and away she went (Phew!!) ;)

hi used the container and tiger loop filled bleed off from pump and fired for a bit but now will not fire up geting oil to pump
any help please
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back