tile first or fit bathroom suite first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Stupid question maybe, but all these nice tiled bathroom floors, do you tile once the suite is installed, and cut around the loo, basin pedestal etc?

Sponsored Links
Mads said:
Stupid question maybe, but all these nice tiled bathroom floors, do you tile once the suite is installed
No!

...and cut around the loo
No!!

...basin pedestal etc?
No!!!

No no no no no no!

Just ask yourself - when you replace the loo or basin are you going to retile the floor in order to do away with the ugly gap created by the replacement that doesn't quite sit in the same place and isn't exactly the same shape?

:eek:

Softus, just because someone doesn't know what to do is no reason to patronise them. You are rude. Correct but rude.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Softus, just because someone doesn't know what to do is no reason to patronise them. You are rude. Correct but rude.
I doubt it - being patronising wasn't even on my mind.

However, I take the point that the OP might have formed the same misinterpretation as you, and I unreservedly apologise if that has happened.

Hello.

Tile the room first but leave out the bath and shower tray area. After tiling, fit bath and/or shower tray, and then tile down onto these.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back