Tiling 45deg corner with stone cladding - how to cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
I've started tiling my media wall with stone cladding and hit a brick wall. I need to tile the corners and since the cladding I've bought doesn't offer corner tiles I will need to cut it myself. Normal 45 deg cut won't work as the cladding I have varies in thickness (stone-like effect) and the pieces won't match. I'll add that they have kinda shiny effect to them so color on the cut is different and there are filling stones inside with completely different color - it just doesn't look good at all.
perl_black_2.PNG

I don't want to use corner trims as they don't look good. At least those I've found so far. Also simply butting them against each other wont work as they are quite thick (between 1.5 - 2.5cm) so a large gap will be visible. Any idea how to cut it to make it look good?
The only idea I have so far is to do a 45 deg undercut on the edge of the tile so the 45 angle will be on the bottom part of the tile. Without cutting through protruding pieces of the tile. This way I can bridge the gap between the tiles on the corner without cutting through the nice-looking stone effect on the top.
Any suggestions welcome.

Sponsored Links
not really. those tiles are quite large and I dont think it would look any good. not to mention that media wall have quite thin frame around the TV meaning i would need to chop them alongside which is pain in the butt.
tried various cuts and after my futile efforts, I've decided that I will need to live with the edge trim. managed to find matt black alu trim that might do the job. should arrive this week so let see how it turns out.
but it's a good lesson to keep in mind where tile will be applied before buying them. in all honesty it never crossed my mind and I've solely focused on the look of the tiles
BangHead.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back