Tiling on 20mm Marmox boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used Mapei flex rapidset to dot and dab the Marmox boards to the brickwork. What should I use for tiling if I want a waterproof flexible adhesive? Should I use the Mapei flex rapidset or is there a better product? Also what should I use for grouting is I'd like it to be as waterproof as possible? Thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
What size and type of tiles are you fixing? And have you mechanically fixed the Marmox in addition to the dot and dab?

What size and type of tiles are you fixing? And have you mechanically fixed the Marmox in addition to the dot and dab?
I used the Marmox dowles to mechanically fix the boards as wall. I plan to use 20cm x 10cm brick tiles.

When manufacturers say waterproof what they mean is it will not disintegrate when it gets wet, but it will still absorb some water, the only totally waterproof grout is Epoxy.

The Mapei adhesive will be fine, providing it is not the stuff from B&Q, this is not the same quality as the Mapei bought from a proper tilke outlet.

I would also recommend their Ultracolour Plus grout, if you want to go Epoxy rout, they do Kerapoxy.

Sponsored Links
When manufacturers say waterproof what they mean is it will not disintegrate when it gets wet, but it will still absorb some water, the only totally waterproof grout is Epoxy.

The Mapei adhesive will be fine, providing it is not the stuff from B&Q, this is not the same quality as the Mapei bought from a proper tilke outlet.

I would also recommend their Ultracolour Plus grout, if you want to go Epoxy rout, they do Kerapoxy.
I plan to buy the adhesive and grouting at builder depot. is that ok?

Depends what make it is
I plan to get Mapei flex rapidset adhesive and Mapei Ultracolour Plus grout OR Mapei Kerapoxy Epoxy Grout.

I read in the 'tiling basics' that its always better to get powder grout. Am I right in assuming that this isn't the case if using epoxy grouting because it doesn't come in powder form?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back