Tiling over tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our shower room it has been so hard to remove wall tiles without badly damaging the plasterboard, that I ended up cutting out the plasterboard with the tiles attached. I am now having to re do the wall, and am going to use Aquapanel in the shower cubicle. Perhaps no bad thing!
However, I am moving on to renovate the bathroom next and don't want to repeat the above process. I decided to just glue Multipanel over the existing tiles. Unfortunately there is a band of raised tiles one third the way up the tiled wall as a feature all around the bath wall. Any suggestions as to how to deal with the raised band of tiles? I expect that the adjacent tiles will splinter if I try to chisel the band out.
I obviously need to have a flat surface to glue the Multipanels to. I would be prepared to tile the wall as an alternative.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not that I advocate tiling or sticking anything over tiles of course :LOL: but I’ve used an angle grinder with a stone disk to remove the ridge on border tiles; be very careful.

Why not do it properly & remove the old crap plasterboard & use Aquapanel as before, you’ve no way of knowing what sort of condition it is in under the tiles anyway.

If I take off the tiles, I will have to Aquapanel the walls, which means the bath will have to come out. It is never ending!
After my experience in the shower room, which currently looks like Beirut! I was hoping not to have to repeat this in the bathroom.
Anyway, thanks for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back